Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: UPDATED Review - Masterbuilt Gravity Series 560 Grill + Smoker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Very good points. I was the "I don't need a thermostat and fan and circuit board cooking my food only to have it all fail and leave me hanging" type for many years, was content to use my stickburner and kettles which aren't subject to such things. But, when electronics are working well they make it a complete pleasure to use this cooker.

• Polarbear777
    commented on 's reply
    I’ve kept my fireboard and fans outside under cover And hooked up to my grill for about two years with zero issues.

• Mojo0209
    replied
    Personally a lot of these grills and smokers look very interesting until I think about the electric, switches and the what not that can fail. I think for me, kinda like charcoal and gas. My stuff stays outdoors all the time. I don’t mind electric accessories, but I don’t want my grill or smoker out of service for something I may or may not have a work around at any given time.

Leave a comment:

• Polarbear777
    commented on 's reply
    Was thinking they should offer a subscription service for warranty parts.

• Polarbear777
    replied

Submitted a warranty claim on the switch issue. No response after several days. I guess they are tired of responding to my multiple claims and queries through their contact page. They don’t respond to phone or email either.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Attractive pricing for the average consumer needs to be well balanced with parts that won't fail prematurely. Even though the fixes are easy and quick, they shouldn't be part of the experience.

Leave a comment:

• Polarbear777
    replied
    Top hopper switch failed on my 1050. Was able to bypass but only a month and a failure.

Leave a comment:

• rickgregory
    commented on 's reply
    TBH? This thing is what Weber should do. Think about it... they made their rep with the Kettle. For many of us, they're synonymous with charcoal grilling.
    Wait...

• rickgregory
    commented on 's reply
    Potkettleblack -- yeah but while I'd pay ~$750 for it, I wouldn't pay $1500 so I don't want the only innovation to be among small, specialty places. Both this unit and the SMokefire really seemed like they'd bring innovative stuff to people at a price point that was more friendly and both... just... failed.

• Potkettleblack
    commented on 's reply
    Exactly!

• Potkettleblack
    commented on 's reply
    I think that's exactly it. Someone else will make it more robust. Someone will make it more distinctive styled. A couple players will innovate a bit further.

I think this is a natural place for some pellet players to expand to. I could see a funky Grilla charcoal feed grill.

• Razor
    replied
    I wish manufactures would built stuff the right way and charge the right price instead of cheaping out on things the normal customer might not notice just to appease the beancounters. (My apologies to all the beancounters out there.)

Sooner or later, whether you want to believe it or not, all customers are going to find the shortcuts. You may get them the first time but do you think you’ll get a consideration when they go to replace your product?

Leave a comment:

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    All makes me wonder about the patents in play and if others will work to come out with their version of this cooker. Isn't this how the pellet industry started? Someone like RecTec, Yoder or Camp Chef.

Leave a comment:

• rickgregory
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, I;d pay another $200 for a more robust version of this. As it is, this is a hard pass for me. Yes, it's inexpensive but seeing the issues show up after just a couple of months? Nah,

• Polarbear777
    commented on 's reply
    Assembling it you see a lot. The legs and support are plenty robust but the electronics are very small wires and connectors for something that gets knocked around and lives outside.

I suppose a more robust version would be significantly more expensive.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here