Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: NEW Gear Review- Ferno® Freestanding Gas Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: NEW Gear Review- Ferno® Freestanding Gas Grill

Ferno® Freestanding Gas Grill, by Max Good
    https://amazingribs.com/ratings-revi...standing-grill

We're a little late getting this announced here, but please enjoy Max's writeup on this premium grill!

Click image for larger version  Name:	ferno-grill-hero.jpg Views:	0 Size:	13.1 KB ID:	809155Click image for larger version  Name:	ferno-firewheel-and-control-knobs.jpg Views:	0 Size:	25.1 KB ID:	809153Click image for larger version  Name:	ferno-grates.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.1 KB ID:	809154

Looks interesting but if I was going to spend $5000 on a new cooker, it certainly wouldn't be on a gasser. :-)

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      When I win the lottery, I will buy it. I will also buy the Kalamazoo Gaucho. Just because I can. Unfortunately I will only also buy Wagyu beef so I really won't know if the cookers are actually making the difference.

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      tbob4 - Yeah, unless I win the lottery, if I were to spend $5000 on a cooker, it had better come with a self-contained living space.

Interesting.
    Not sure why one would want to raise & lower the burners on a gasser as it’s easy enough to simply turn a knob. O_o Clearly I’m missing something.

Lots of options in that price range to be sure.

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Braggin' rights...

• tenphases
      tenphases commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol i thought it was a cool feature until you mentioned turning down the fire with knobs lolol

• capoteo
      capoteo commented
      Editing a comment
      Eventhough, I would not pay $5K for a gasser

There's still a difference in high heat far away vs. low heat close. So the adjustable burner height isn't null and void since it's gas, you'll still get more control than with a charcoal fire.

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      I will definitely show this response to my Santa Maria grill. She is very sensitive.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol tbob4 I am not saying it's better or replaces charcoal, or wood for that matter. To be clear, I am saying with a gasser's knob burner adjustment *and* an adjustable burner height you have more options when/if you'd need them.

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope Huskee. She is accepting no apologies. I told her about the adjustable gas grill and she just said "go ahead. If you find her more appealing you can have her. I will tell you what though, it will cost you!" I kept saying "be mad at Huskee. Can we talk?" She just refuses to converse any longer.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here