Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: NEW Spatchcocked Turkey w/ Citrus-Herb Salt Sage Butter Recipe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tamidw
    replied
    I have a turkey we raised and butchered about a month ago that's in the freezer. I was going to wet brine overnight before spatchcocking and smoking. Should I still do that if I am going to follow this recipe? Is dry brining better? I've actually never done a dry brine before.

This will be the first time we are cooking a turkey not bought from a store with all the extra injected water, salt, etc they put in them.
    Last edited by tamidw; November 20, 2019, 10:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Clint Cantwell
    commented on 's reply
    You certainly can, though I haven't in the past with this recipe mainly because of how much space a spatchcocked turkey takes up in an already full fridge! If not, it is plenty flavorful on its own.

• Clint Cantwell
    commented on 's reply
    No worries. You can eyeball the seasoning as you would normal salt meat, or use our approximate recommendation of 1/2 tsp per pound. Enjoy!

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    I am taking comfort that I am not alone sometimes.

• KarchyBBQ
    replied
    Sounds great!! How big is the turkey you used to calculate amount of rub to make?

update: speaking of zombie mode... just saw 12-14 lb in the destructions. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by KarchyBBQ; November 15, 2019, 07:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• T-bone
    replied
    Clint Cantwell the recipe sounds awesome...thanks! One question though, the recipe doesn't mention dry brining the bird. Since the recipe uses a seasoned salt, is dry brining not recommended?

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Oops! Sorry. This is what happens when I post things too early after switching back from my night schedule. I call it zombie mode. I am not on my game too well when in zombie mode.

• IowaGirl
    replied
    Howbouta link to the article/recipe? Please? Thanks!

edit: Found it -- https://amazingribs.com/spatchcock-turkey-recipe
    Last edited by IowaGirl; November 14, 2019, 07:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sneak Peek: NEW Spatchcocked Turkey w/ Citrus-Herb Salt Sage Butter Recipe!

You first! Here we'll post news, gear reviews, videos, and recipes that are freshly published on the public site before getting advertised there! To see all our NEW Recipes & Gear Reviews, visit the Sneak Preview channel here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ew-for-members

Spatchcocked Turkey w/ Citrus-Herb Salt Sage Butter, by Clint Cantwell
    This spatchcock (butterflied) turkey gets a boost of flavor from sage butter and citrus-herb salt before hitting the smoker or grill for the perfect dose of smoke and flame. By spatchcocking the turkey, you guarantee that the dark and white meat are cooked to perfection as the heat is dispersed evenly across the bird.

Click image for larger version  Name:	grilled-turkey-with-citrus-herb-salt-and-sage-butter.png Views:	40 Size:	417.6 KB ID:	768834

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here