Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: 2 NEW Wild Game Recipes From Malcom Reed! "Seared Elk Steak" and "Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Venison Backstrap"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: 2 NEW Wild Game Recipes From Malcom Reed! "Seared Elk Steak" and "Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Venison Backstrap"

You first! Here we'll post news, gear reviews, videos, and recipes that are freshly published on the public site before getting advertised there! To see all our NEW Recipes & Gear Reviews, visit the Sneak Preview channel here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ew-for-members

Elk Steak Seared in Cast Iron, by Malcom Reed
    YouTube BBQ star Malcom Reed joins us again with his super simple, super delicious recipe for elk steak. Season it with salt and pepper, sear it in a cast iron pan over hot coals, then add some butter, garlic, and rosemary, basting the steak with melted butter as it cooks. Doesn't get much easier--or better--than that!

Click image for larger version

Name:	elk_steak_on_board.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	763468

Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Venison Backstrap (tenderloin), by Malcom Reed
    YouTube star Malcom Reed makes an appearance here with his recipe for Stuffed Venison Backstrap. A bacon wrap and a stuffing of crumbled bacon, sauteed onions and mushrooms, and cream cheese make this lean game meat rich and juicy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	stuffed_venison.jpg
Views:	10360
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	763467

Man, I am glad Malcom decided to join us.
    Last edited by klflowers; October 31, 2019, 12:36 PM. Reason: Added glad. I was so excited I left it off.

Comment

A friend just gave me an elk loin and a deer loin. Now I know what to do with them. Thank you Malcom. Next the deer sausage, sirloin and round that I also got.
      Last edited by ofelles; October 31, 2019, 12:47 PM.

Comment

I plan to try venison Wellington this year, probably cook this up too!

Comment

While I'm not a big fan of wrapping things in bacon (makes it taste like bacon, whcih to me means breakfast) that venison loin looks wonderful.

Comment

That elk steak has my mouth watering....

Comment

Looks great!! Can't say I see many Ellk aroung my neck o da woods. There isn't any mountains within 800 km of me. Anyone been overdosing watching Meateater on Netflix??

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Seen it avail, featured, never watched it. Any good?

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here