Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: NEW Gear Review - "IG Charcoal BBQ" Grill, by Spinaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: NEW Gear Review - "IG Charcoal BBQ" Grill, by Spinaker

You first! Here we'll post news, gear reviews, videos, and recipes that are freshly published on the public site before getting advertised there! To see all our NEW Recipes & Gear Reviews, visit the Sneak Preview channel here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ew-for-members

IG Charcoal BBQ Grill, by Spinaker
    The IG Charcoal BBQ Grill has a simple, cosmetically appealing design that is best suited for direct, high-temperature grilling. Read our review to learn why we cannot recommend this grill to our readers. The poor build quality, cheap materials and rather serious design flaws garner a “Not Recommended” rating.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ig-charcoal-bbq-grill-hero-700pix.jpg
Views:	5831
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	760464Click image for larger version

Name:	ig-grill-adjustable-height-crank.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	760465

Looked promising... Oh well.

Comment

Interesting read. Makes you wonder, though, did they even use it once themselves? Good writeup by Spinaker.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Unfortunately, this was not a positive test. I hope they are willing to make changes. The idea is there, but poorly executed.

My cheapo Dyna Glo charcoal grill has the same kinda crank-up/down charcoal trays, except with mine it has two- a right & left charcoal tray, and a lid! And it cost maybe $200ish. This was very eye-opening and I am quite surprised this grill passed any level of quality control and went to market. Legs falling out? For Pete's sake this is just beyond poor design. Hopefully this is a wake up call to the designers that they will correct, and one day laugh about their awful first model.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        My thoughts exactly. I went move the grill and the legs fell out? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Wow. Amazing that such a product could have been released. And for $500.

Kathryn

Comment

Thanx for the heads up Huskee.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here