Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: NEW Gear Review- Meater Block, Wireless BBQ Thermometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: NEW Gear Review- Meater Block, Wireless BBQ Thermometer

You first! Here we'll post news, gear reviews, videos, and recipes that are freshly published on the public site BEFORE getting advertised there! To see all our NEW Recipes & Gear Reviews, visit the Sneak Preview channel here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ew-for-members

Meater Block, Wireless BBQ Thermometer by Bill McGrath and Meathead
    https://amazingribs.com/thermometers...mometer-review

Make sure to note Meathead's commentary toward the end of the article!

Click image for larger version  Name:	meater_block2.jpg Views:	117 Size:	16.3 KB ID:	756678
    To see Bill's review of a similar product, The MeatStick, click here.

I really enjoyed the review and the summation. I know a lot of folks here put into the kickstarter and were very dissatisfied with customer service. I never considered getting this because of the reviews from members. It is really good to read about how well it could work but also the STRONG word of caution before buying by Meathead. Thanks again for honest reviews.

Comment

Excellent review. I understand a number of people have been unhappy with the way they handled their roll out, Meathead among them.

Im still skeptical about the longevity of the technology. True it does seem to work and they’ve overcome their initial shortcomings, but being a guinea pig isn’t something I’m willing to do. It’s also true; however, that I dislike conventional wire probes with a passion.

Lets just hope the product, or its potential replacement, stands the test of time. And let’s hope they understand taking care of their customers is as important as the success of the product.

Comment

Mine never worked correctly from day one, and the range is quite poor. I have faith in the technology though, someday these will be the norm and will work much better.

Comment

I’m skeptical of connectivity issues in a 1/4” steel cooker....

I am having a hard time understanding how Bill wanted to give a gold. Furthermore how Meathead wanted to give it a do not buy and it still ended up with a silver. Understand the compromise but I would have guessed a bronze.

Either way thanks for the review.

Comment

• Nate
            Nate commented
            Editing a comment
            Troutman , I concur. I have no desire to part with any of my hard earned money for this any time soon. Not knocking those who do but just saying it isn’t going to be for now.

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            I liken it to the first gen of smart phones. They worked, but were terrible by comparison to today's tech. I think in another few years these things will be slick.

• Nate
            Nate commented
            Editing a comment
            Huskee , I hope so. I want this technology to work but maybe just with a different company.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here