Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: NEW Grilla Silverbac Alpha Pellet Cooker Review, by ME!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice review. I have been on the fence about a pellet rig. And this gave me some additional insight. Brookie

Comment

Hey, where’s the video of Huskee sitting in front of a blazing fireplace, before he introduces the review?

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
        Editing a comment
        with a glass of something and fuzzy bunny slippers?

Originally posted by jfmorris View Post
      Hey, where’s the video of Huskee sitting in front of a blazing fireplace, before he introduces the review?
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs with a glass of something and fuzzy bunny slippers?
      I have Batman slippers and a gas fireplace, will that work?

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        MBMorgan Yes I do, but I am not a robe guy so my son wears it in winter. Could steal it back.

• MBMorgan
        MBMorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        Please do ... 🤨 ...

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, then you will fit in with all of those videos form Max Good

Huskee - Great review ... and one of these days soon, I’ll add some info about my experience with Grilla Grills OG ... with emphasis on their amazing customer service.
      Last edited by MBMorgan; September 30, 2019, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you!

• Brookie
        Brookie commented
        Editing a comment
        Please do. This is the unit I am looking at. In addition to customer service, what the useable capacity is for things like ribs. Also I would be running this in snow country and wondering how well it works in cold temps. Thanks
        Last edited by Brookie; October 2, 2019, 10:14 AM.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Brookie I live in MI so we're bound to get cold weather soon enough (it's already forecast to be 50s & 60s the next couple weeks). While I've never timed how long it takes to go through a 20lb bag of pellets in warm weather and I probably won't time it in cold either, I can let you know how well it holds temp, which I suspect will be just fine

Well done. Thank you for an awesome review. I have been thinking of purchasing one. You answered the questions I had with this one. I like it for the price. I too think that the accessory pack should be standard. Why spend all the money if you don't want the grill or your patio to have grease all over it? The only think that has held me back is the Wi-Fi. Decisions!

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        I can only speculate that if Grilla did one day decide to go WiFi that they'd offer a retro kit perhaps, but who knows.

Good job on the wright up, interesting they figured out how to give you more smoke at higher temp's. WiFi is not my thing anyway. Not necessary IMO. Max better look out. LOL Looks very well made. I would not be afraid to purchase one or recommend one.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Randy.

Great write up! Although I do not own a GG, I have recommended them many times as I really do feel like they are a tough unit to beat at their price point

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks rwalters.

Nice review Huskee. I'm a hands on type of BBQ'r myself.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Bob.

Nice write up.
      I have absolutely no want or need for a pellet cooker but it seems pretty capable.
      This is the kind of cooker my parents would like: set & forget ease of use and an easy cleaning design...

As for WiFi...my father has no use for, or understanding of, WiFi. It would be an added expense that would NEVER get used...or, a source of irritation for me trying to talk them through any number of connection issues. LOL

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you! Yeah, pellet cookers are great for those who like the hands-off convenience of gas grills, but even more convenience & flavor. WiFi is an added distraction for those that don't need it/want it.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here