Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: 3 NEW Gear Reviews! Oklahoma Joe's Bronco Drum, Fireboard Drive, and ThermoPro TP-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: 3 NEW Gear Reviews! Oklahoma Joe's Bronco Drum, Fireboard Drive, and ThermoPro TP-19

You first! Here we'll post news, gear reviews, videos, and recipes that are freshly published on the public site BEFORE getting advertised there! To see all our NEW Recipes & Gear Reviews, visit the Sneak Preview channel here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ew-for-members

Oklahoma Joe's Bronco Drum Smoker, by Jerod Broussard
    https://amazingribs.com/grill-smoker...-smoker-review

Click image for larger version  Name:	oj-bronco-700pix.png Views:	1 Size:	63.7 KB ID:	720961

Fireboard Drive (cable accessory), by Bill McGrath
    https://amazingribs.com/thermometers...d-drive-review

Click image for larger version  Name:	drive_cable.jpg Views:	1 Size:	6.5 KB ID:	720959

ThermoPro TP-19 Instant-Read Thermometer, by Bill McGrath
    https://amazingribs.com/thermometers...o-tp-19-review

Click image for larger version  Name:	thpr_tp-19.jpg Views:	1 Size:	13.1 KB ID:	720960

Oklahoma's Drum looks to be a winner!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      I almost cried rolling it to the fire station. Course them guys deserve a trailer load of them things.

UDS on wheels? This is interesting. Don’t really "need" one but we all know how that goes. The word "need" doesn’t mean what everyone else thinks it does.

But more likely I will just upgrade from bbq guru to fireboard. I like the guru.....but the lack of an app is just not good. I mean a controller is an item of sheer convenience. I can control temps in my Primo without one. It’s just easier with one. Given that, having to log in to a website every time I want to check in things is an annoyance. The opposite of convenience. I also like that FB has a battery backup, in case the power blips.

if I didn’t already have the thermapen that $25 thermometer would already be on the way!

Comment

I wish I hadn't read the review of the drum smoker. I'm wanting one badly and it makes me feel like I'm cheating on my PBC.

Comment

I like my Bronco. For $295 it does a lot.
        Two issues,
        1. It does leak a bit, and drips on the patio. I tried to fix with sealant, two spots still leaking vs 5 ( I am not the best handyman-type). I will clean those two areas and try again.
        2. I wish it was a bit taller, since a large/long rack of ribs will hit the coals. My solution there is to cut them in half and use more hooks, since it comes with 9.

On the plus side.
        1. It was cheap
        2. I have never cooked on charcoal (properly) or owned a ugly drum type smoker. The entire family loves the results. I find it very easy to use.
        3. Super easy to clean. remove the cap on the bottom, hose it out and scrub with a nylon brush. Rinse. Done.
        4. I have gotten 10 hours out of one full basket of coals.
        5. it has wheels and a shelf. Part of the cleaning process is to move it to the street, so I can rinse all the creosote down the storm drain vs dogs licking it off the patio in the backyard. Shelf is great for mid-cook maintenance (sauces, foil, holding the beer)

All in all, since I have done at least 10 cooks, I have to say I am very, very happy. I would probably splurge on the Pro since it would be larger. I use it at least twice per week so far. Ribs, Pork Butt, whole chickens and chicken parts, and brats so far.

I did use it as a grill once. I don't feel it gets hot enough, and will stick with the Weber gasser for that for now.

Still want the summit charcoal grill and maybe someday a cool offset. This is a very addictive hobby.

Comment

• Mosca
          Mosca commented
          Editing a comment
          "This is a very addictive hobby." I rationalize it by treating it as a need, not a want. A hobby is RC planes. But a man gotta eat.

For anyone interested in a Bronco, Walmart have them at $184 on clearance. I just picked one up, at that price it was a no brainer for my first drum smoker.
        Last edited by MichaelF; August 3, 2019, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• fracmeister
          fracmeister commented
          Editing a comment
          I got one for that price as well. Sweet deal

I’ve been eyeballing one of those broncos every time I go into Lowe’s! But like someone said feel like I’m cheating on my PBC

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here