Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: NEW Review, Ooni Koda Gas-Powered Outdoor Pizza Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    I think the added flavor of wood takes pizza to another level.

• Chuck in Charlotte
    replied
    We've been doing enough pizza lately that a dedicated pizza device is on its way. My thought process was... I have only a BGE so we have no propane tank, nor do we want to store more stuff. The Ooni 3 running pellets was an option but it sounds like a full load of pellets only lasts 15 minutes. On all the portable ovens you cannot make a large pizza, and any pizza takes spinning and unbroken focus to get right. The Kamado Joe DoJoe doesn't fit the egg. I ordered a Pizza Porta, which arrived yesterday. I won't get to use it for a few weeks but I'll post some results.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Troutman They do, the Ooni 3 (pellets, wood, charcoal or gas) and the larger Pro: https://amazingribs.com/pizza-oven/uuni-3

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    I agree 100%. don't they have a wood burning model?

• Huskee
    replied
    As much as this wants to be in my MCS list for its ease of use and Gold Medal rating from Meathead (and affordable price), I still can't get myself to get one that's not a woodburner. I feel like if I'm going to make authentic pizzas in a pizza oven, I want to just go the other 5% and make it from a wood fire. Not for flavor per se, but for the fun. That's just me. But this is tempting....

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    replied
    Great review and affordably priced. This goes straight to the MCS list.

Leave a comment:

• Sneak Peek: NEW Review, Ooni Koda Gas-Powered Outdoor Pizza Oven

You first! Here we'll post news, gear reviews, videos, and recipes that are freshly published on the public site BEFORE getting advertised there! To see all our NEW Recipes & Gear Reviews, visit the Sneak Preview channel here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ew-for-members

Ooni Koda Gas-Powered Outdoor Pizza Oven, by Meathead
    The Ooni Koda is a superb portable pizza oven capable of making restaurant quality pies in 2 to 3 minutes. Completely redesigned from the ground up, Koda outperforms its predecessor, Ooni 3, in every way. It requires no assembly and is ready to cook right out of the box. We reviewed Koda and award our AmazingRibs.com Gold Medal!

Click image for larger version  Name:	ooni-koda.jpg Views:	1 Size:	16.7 KB ID:	711028Click image for larger version  Name:	pizza.jpg Views:	1 Size:	217.5 KB ID:	711029

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here