Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 NEW Gear Reviews: Slow 'N Sear Deluxe Kamado; Cuisinart 360 Griddle; Hestan Cue Smart System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 NEW Gear Reviews: Slow 'N Sear Deluxe Kamado; Cuisinart 360 Griddle; Hestan Cue Smart System

Slow 'N Sear Deluxe Kamado, by Max Good
    https://amazingribs.com/egg-or-kamad...-deluxe-kamado
    Click image for larger version  Name:	SnSK.jpg Views:	1 Size:	11.2 KB ID:	678144Click image for larger version  Name:	slow-n-sear-deluxe-kamado-graphic-600pix.jpg Views:	1 Size:	22.0 KB ID:	678146

Cuisinart 360 Griddle, by Paul Sidoriak
    https://amazingribs.com/grill-griddl...-center-review

Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l640.jpg Views:	1 Size:	32.6 KB ID:	678148Click image for larger version  Name:	cuisinart-360-griddle-cooking-center_0.jpg Views:	1 Size:	53.3 KB ID:	678145

Hestan Cue Smart Cooking System, by Paul Sidoriak
    https://amazingribs.com/hestan-cue-s...-system-review

Click image for larger version  Name:	hestan_cue_smart_cooking_system.jpg Views:	1 Size:	31.9 KB ID:	678147

I kinda like that Cuisinart 360 griddle. Its $197 at Walmart. Might be a nice addition to my only cooker which is now a Rec Tec Pellet grill. I would love to be able to cook bacon outside, quick sear, and just have quick gas cooking - never tried a smash burger either - maybe this could do it all.

Comment

Where's all the grease going on that griddle?

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        There's a circular drip tray around the outer edge.

I'm not sure I would characterize the Cuisinart 360 Griddle as innovation considering it's a rip-off of the EVO grill. Maybe it's the better buy out of the two but copys aren't innovation in my book

Comment

• treesmacker
        treesmacker commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed about innovation, but the EVO grills I saw are 20X the cost of this Cuisinart. I was impressed by the Cuisinart price, and my wife likes the griddle also, so I just ordered one to pick up from Walmart. I'll pick it up on Monday. I would guess it is made in China, so I thought get it now, before tarrifs kick in - we'll see about price and quality if it is a good deal. I figure for $200, not a lot to lose if it is not the greatest. I do like its size; will be perfect for us.

• treesmacker
        treesmacker commented
        Editing a comment
        Also, I figured I could count on 4 star Gold review by Paul Sidoriak. And, I did order through the link in the review to support AR website.
        Last edited by treesmacker; May 27, 2019, 01:55 PM. Reason: Edited to correct name of reviewer.

I picked up my Cuisinart 360 Griddle at Walmart tonight. I unpacked it and here are my observations so far. It is Made in China - per the marking on the box. Well packaged and nothing appears to be damaged. Everything looks and feels very well constructed - so far I'm impressed with the build quality. The most important part, the griddle surface is impressive - heavy weight, I weighed it and it is 18 pounds; the metal is about 1/8 inch thick; three V-shaped supports are welded to the underside in a equilateral triangle shape; the rolled edge is super and adds a lot to the strength; the surface has a texture much like the inside of lodge CI I recently purchased.

So, I'm excited to get it set up and cooking. I have tomorrow off, so will be assembling, seasoning, and trying it out by dinner hour. Stay tuned for more review and pics.

A final note: I don't normally shop at Walmart, so for this experience I would give them a 4 out of 5 rating. Their online ordering was very easy and convenient. I ordered on Wednesday the 15th for in-store pickup. They responded quickly saying it was ready for pickup and requested I pick it up by the 23rd. I arrived there today, the 19th, and entered my name into the touchscreen system and it asked me to watch the monitor for updates. I waited about 10 minutes and didn't see anything on the monitor. So I pressed the button for help and waited about five more minutes. Nobody came. Then, I looked up and discovered a large TV screen mounted about 6 feet above the touchscreen monitor that I thought I was supposed to watch. It said that I had checked in, and that I had requested help. At this point, I went to customer service for help. The representative called back and talked with someone - he informed me it was coming and would be just a few minutes. So, all together it took about 25 minutes to pick it up.

Comment

Cuisinart 360 update... easy to assemble, about an hour. Seasoned and first cook - bacon followed by burgers. So far, I love it. A bit of a learning curve, and it was rather windy and cool today which interfered with temps a bit (they do recommend not to use it in windy conditions, but so I did anyway). Sorry no pics of the burgers - had to get them out of the wind and ate them up. That is a pound of bacon on there. Drip system is great. Click image for larger version  Name:	20190520_201820.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.49 MB ID:	682438Click image for larger version  Name:	20190520_185725.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.06 MB ID:	682440Click image for larger version  Name:	20190520_185743.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.76 MB ID:	682441Click image for larger version  Name:	20190520_202802.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.89 MB ID:	682439

Comment

Memorial Day pancakes on the Cuisinart 360...
          And, I agree with Paul Sidoriak 4 star "Gold" rating for this griddle. Pancakes came out perfect first try. Egg also!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190527_103358.jpg
Views:	535
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	685962Click image for larger version

Name:	20190527_103629.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	685963Click image for larger version

Name:	20190527_103741.jpg
Views:	506
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	685964

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Beauty!

DON'T JUST READ THE SAFETY RULES! FOLLOW THEM!
          I broke the rule with my Cuisinart 360. Didn't pay much attention while lighting it, and smelled gas, so shut it off and started over. I didn't follow their advice to wait five minutes if that happened. Got a big blast of flame in 360 degree circle. Instantly curled every hair on my left arm, up to my short shirt sleeve. Pew does that stink! Luckily, I thought a small burst might happen, so I kept my face away. My wife heard the concussion from inside the house and came out to see what happened. She's claiming I'm grounded from using the cooker for three weeks . And, No I wasn't even drinking - completely sober and still performed this dumb act.

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            Damn. I'm glad you still have eyebrows.

• treesmacker
            treesmacker commented
            Editing a comment
            Attjack ... exactly what I was thinking!

Does anyone have access to larger quantities of unusual smoke woods. In Florida here, we have Black Jack Oak (fantastic wood), wild cherry, orange wood (and other citrus), Florida Hickory, North Florida Pecan, Florida Maple (very hard wood different from northern maple varieties. I'm looking to get some of the fruit woods we don't have such as pear, apricot, olive, etc. Anyone with an idea how to get it?

Comment

Cuisinart 360 Griddle - I paid $197 and I think that was a good deal... now is $178 with free delivery at Walmart - I think that is an exceptional price for the quality of this griddle.
            https://www.walmart.com/ip/360-Cente...eter/266164586

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here