Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: UPDATED "Close To Katz's" Pastrami Rub Recipe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: UPDATED "Close To Katz's" Pastrami Rub Recipe!

Updated with whole seeds to add more crunch!

Authentic Close To Katz's Pastrami Rub, by Meathead
    Pastrami depends heavily on the spice blend applied to the cured corned beef. But the distinctive combination of coriander, black pepper, and other spices works wonders on goose or duck breast, on pork belly, on beef short ribs to name a few options. After much research and trial and error, here's my approximation of Katz's pastrami rub recipe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pastrami-crust.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	664130

I will give it a try - next time.

Comment

Last time I made a batch up I was too nervous to try the addition of the whole seeds, I put it on heavy as it is and she's got enough of a kick. Maybe next tome for me too RonB

Comment

"zipper baf" is not searchable on Google.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          They're on Kickstarter. I got a whole case of zipper bafs coming.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E874C69A-2E12-4910-94DB-EBA8AAF8C7D0.jpeg
Views:	447
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	664340Click image for larger version

Name:	B1F31CDF-C818-494E-A19A-C112E42A390F.jpeg
Views:	421
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	664341 I used whole seeds on this one. I love it. Mrs Hawker thought it a bit strong.

Comment

Love this pastrami recipe will definitely give the addition of seeds a try !!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here