Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: NEW Review- The "Meatrix" Model 101 Thermometer & 'Cooking Assistant'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: NEW Review- The "Meatrix" Model 101 Thermometer & 'Cooking Assistant'

Meatrix Model 101 Review, by Bill McGrath
    https://amazingribs.com/thermometers...del-101-review

The Meatrix from Imagitronix touts that it has "made ALL meat thermometers OBSOLETE"! You be the judge.

Works as a thermometer PLUS a little extra hand-holding for those needing direction in their cooks. Interesting device and GREAT review from Bill highlighting this unit's strengths and weaknesses.

Click image for larger version

Name:	meatrix_system.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	650477

It can’t predict well for low and slow because tenderness, not temperature is the real measure there. And does it understand and predict the stall? That would be tough to predict for every piece of meat.

Interesting but if it’s best only for grilling, then the prediction could help telling you whether you expect 15 or 5 more minutes. However you should probably be checking your food often in that situation anyway.

Comment

I've seen this thing around, I'll pass. My gosh, trying to automate the whole process based on an algorithm is getting a bit to sci-fi for me. Having a machine shouting out "Danger Will Robinson, danger !!" is not necessary to someone who takes the time to learn how to cook properly.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Seems to be, as the saying goes, a solution in search of a problem... Reminds me a little of a self-driving car.

• Craigar
        Craigar commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe I will buy one so it can talk to my wife for me, telling her precisely when I will be done grilling the steak.

Yeah I dunno...how hard is it to read a thermometer?

Comment

So, if it malfunctions, do you call them up and say there is a glitch in the Meatrix?

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol.....I just saw a black cat.....twice

• nickgutnick
          nickgutnick commented
          Editing a comment
          There is no spoon.

He forgot to mention the hand that pops out to hold yours while you cook.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here