Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: 2 NEW Thermometer Reviews- Maverick XR-40 & BBQ Guru DiGiQ DX3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: 2 NEW Thermometer Reviews- Maverick XR-40 & BBQ Guru DiGiQ DX3

You first! Here we'll post news, gear reviews, videos, and recipes that will end up on the free site BEFORE it gets published there! To see all our NEW Recipes & Gear Reviews, visit the Sneak Preview channel here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ew-for-members

Maverick XR-40, by Bill McGrath
    Read our review of the new Maverick XR-40, a two-channel wireless remote food/cooker thermometer that boasts an extended range of up to 500 feet (152m) and won a Gold Medal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mav-xr-40.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	609872

BBQ Guru DiGiQ DX3, by Bill McGrath
    Read our complete review of the BBQ Guru DigiQ DX3 thermostatic temperature controller for charcoal cookers that received a Gold Medal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bbq_guru_digiq_dx3_0.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	609871

I have the old versions of both of these.

Comment

That XR-40 screen looks annoying to me.

Comment

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Now that you said it, it does. Doh!

What we need is an XR-40 vs. the XR-50 review. Seems like the XR-50 would win but what do I know?

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        At $10 more for twice the functionality and a non-obnoxious screen, I'd say yes the 50 would win.

• Nate
        Nate commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 on what Huskee said

• panteracfh3
        panteracfh3 commented
        Editing a comment
        +2 Well put Huskee

I’m using a TP 20., look at the Mavericks and fire board,looking at getting a new one

Comment

I got a XR50 from my Santa last night. I guess she wants MORE bbq. How can I deny that??

Comment

Orange on Black is very annoying to read, I agree.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here