Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: 3 NEW Gear Reviews- Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener, Flame Boss FB400 Controller, ThermoWorks Signals Wireless Thermometer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: 3 NEW Gear Reviews- Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener, Flame Boss FB400 Controller, ThermoWorks Signals Wireless Thermometer!

You first! Here we'll post news, gear reviews, videos, and recipes that will end up on the free site BEFORE it gets published there! To see all our NEW Recipes & Gear Reviews, visit the Sneak Preview channel here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ew-for-members

Work Sharp "Ken Onion" Edition Knife & Tool Sharpener, by Dave Joachim
    https://amazingribs.com/work-sharp-k...ener-workhorse

Click image for larger version  Name:	71q23i2-+7L._SL1500_.jpg Views:	1 Size:	218.9 KB ID:	598542Click image for larger version  Name:	91+Uj2HHxUL._SL1500_.jpg Views:	1 Size:	369.4 KB ID:	598543

Flame Boss FB400 Wi-Fi Controller, by Bill McGrath
    https://amazingribs.com/thermometers...0-wi-fi-review
    Click image for larger version  Name:	fb400_wi-fi_2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	14.6 KB ID:	598540

ThermoWorks SignalsTM 4-probe Wireless Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Thermometer, by Bill McGrath
    https://amazingribs.com/thermometers...signals-review

Click image for larger version  Name:	tw_signals.jpg Views:	1 Size:	16.3 KB ID:	598541

I am very interested in that knife sharpener. Not only do I have cheapy Walmart or Target budget knives, but they're old too, I'm talking 15 yrs old. I think some of the spines are sharper than the edges. I occasionally use one of those handheld sharpeners but I have better things to do than waste the time with that nonsense. This would make it fun.

Comment

• xaugievike
      xaugievike commented
      Editing a comment
      I love my worksharp...it's easy, it's fast, and it does work. I keep a cheap set of knives in our RV during camping season and that thing gets them super sharp and useful, and at the same time works well with my good knives. You wont regret getting it if you do.

• JimLinebarger
      JimLinebarger commented
      Editing a comment
      I like my Ken Onion Edition Worksharp. It keeps all my steel and ceramic knives very sharp. I like the ability to make fine angle adjustments. The shelf to sharpen scissors is a little narrow but it will work. I have up to 12000 grit for honing/polishing. I also recommend it.

I have the ken onion worksharp and the original. Nothing better for reprofiling. I also have been known to take the guards off, freehand a higher back bevel and finish at a more obtuse fixed angle to get a thin shaving edge on kitchen knives.

its important to note that you can set the belt speed to as low as you want to be gentle to edges if need be and keep from messing up the temper of the blade with friction heat.

I use the spyderco sharpmaker for quick touch ups.

Everything else that I have had for sharpening is in a box somewhere....

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here