Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: NEW Recipe- Turkey & Stuffing-blended Burger with Cranberry BBQ Sauce-- it's Thanksgiving on a bun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: NEW Recipe- Turkey & Stuffing-blended Burger with Cranberry BBQ Sauce-- it's Thanksgiving on a bun!

You first! Here we'll post news, gear reviews, videos, and recipes that will end up on the free site BEFORE it gets published there! To see all our NEW Recipes & Gear Reviews, visit the Sneak Preview channel here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ew-for-members

Turkey and Stuffing Blended Burger, a.k.a. Thanksgiving on a Bun, by Clint Cantwell

https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...blended-burger

Click image for larger version  Name:	thanksgiving-turkey-and-stuffing-blended-burger.jpg Views:	1 Size:	31.1 KB ID:	583600

Man, that looks worth trying. I think I'm in. Maybe Sunday? This Sunday or next, anyhow.

Comment

So much to cook, so little time...

Comment

I don't know why people don't cook more turkey...because they should! Great recipe man

Comment

• panteracfh3
          panteracfh3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Huskee I couldn't agree with you more about doing them more than just Thanksgiving. We actually smoked a whole 13 lb turkey last weekend. With a few quick sides you have a great meal for that day and leftovers for the week. What type of wood do you use? Our smoker is a pellet but the hickory seems to work well for us.

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          panteracfh3 I like a milder wood like apple, cherry or sassafras for turkey myself. But honestly, whatever you like works, there's no wrong answer.

• panteracfh3
          panteracfh3 commented
          Editing a comment
          You are quite correct that there is no wrong answer. I was just more curious what others use as I like trying out new things.

To go back to the turkey burgers, they're really fantastic. We made some turkey burger sliders with feta and sun dried tomatoes that did not disappoint.

I will not come for Clint.

Personal Preference is personal.
        personal preference is personal.

okay, that's all I have on this one. My "Don't share my harsh thoughts" mantras.

Comment

Originally posted by Potkettleblack View Post

Personal Preference is personal.

okay, that's all I have on this one. My "Don't share my harsh thoughts" mantras.
          You can't say that and not suggest what you'd do different.... this is all about idea sharing here, not who's wrong & right.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
            Potkettleblack commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd probably add some fat to the burger mix, at the very least, or explain why I didn't. And I honestly cannot rationally process stuffing from a box. But I kind of avoid turkey burgers like the plague anyway, because I'm good with cows.

Sometimes I think Clint is the Morimoto of Amazing Ribs Iron Chefs, like I just don't get the wizardry. That's why I have a "Don't Come For Clint." mantra.

• Clint Cantwell
            Clint Cantwell commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh, I don't mind you coming for me but not sure how you "knock it before you try it". Per your notes/suggestions, I didn't add more fat because the burger was very moist with the addition of stuffing and mention that in the intro. As for using stuffing from the box, you can certainly make your own but it adds a lot of prep time for the small amount of stuffing used in the patties.
            Last edited by Clint Cantwell; October 30, 2018, 03:52 PM.

• Potkettleblack
            Potkettleblack commented
            Editing a comment
            Like I said, sometimes I think you are the Morimoto of AR... out of the box, misunderstood.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here