Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: NEW Luxury Grill Review - The Hestan GMBR36 Gas Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: NEW Luxury Grill Review - The Hestan GMBR36 Gas Grill

You first! Here we'll post news, gear reviews, videos, and recipes that will end up on the free site BEFORE it gets published there! To see all our NEW Recipes & Gear Reviews, visit the Sneak Preview channel here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ew-for-members

The Hestan GMBR36 "Luxury" Gas Grill Review, by Meathead
    https://amazingribs.com/grill/hestan...s-grill-review

Click image for larger version  Name:	hestan-grill.jpg Views:	239 Size:	32.5 KB ID:	577844

Video Review:

Last edited by Max Good; April 22, 2020, 11:12 AM.

Wow. That’s an amazing grill. I will never own it, but I’m jealous of anyone who will.

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, sounds great, but way above my pay grade!

• Potkettleblack
      Potkettleblack commented
      Editing a comment
      Aspire is about the right name.

I like the setting of this picture. You pretty much would surely have a nicely manicured lawn and a private in-ground pool if you could afford one of these

Comment

• panteracfh3
      panteracfh3 commented
      Editing a comment
      You mean as opposed to the holes in my lawn that my dogs have dug and the kiddie pool in my yard? huh

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      panteracfh3 I'm with you bro...

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      panteracfh3 Huskee - not "as opposed to"! ;-)

I don't have a gasser; this one would tempt me if I had the cash.

Comment

Nice...if a little spendy. O_o Ouch
      I don’t think I’ll part with my Summit Platinum just yet. LOL

Comment

All of that is true. And it's gorgeous. Don't laugh but..... I used mine (at work) for brats and reheating chicken. Actually I just put some pieces on and then passed it off to another cook. It's in storage now.... somewhere. Tic Toc though. Chomping at the bit to get it going, for realz.

Comment

So I’m sure I’m going to get crap thrown at me for this but it would have been nice if the grill would have been unused for the first review or at least an attempt at cleaning it would have been made... then a used video to show wear and tear...

also so what is up with the first 37 creepy seconds of just having to look at max pose and smoke a cigar...
          Last edited by Nate; October 12, 2018, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• Max Good
            Max Good commented
            Editing a comment
            I did clean The Hestan before shooting. When I said Meathead had been cooking on it a lot, I wasn't kidding. Why is the sight of me smoking a cigar "creepy".

• Nate
            Nate commented
            Editing a comment
            Max Good you should have made him buy you an unsoiled one for testing. The cigar thing itself isn’t creepy but 37 seconds seemed excessive. As much as we like and respect you we came for the grill. Maybe we need a cigar vlog.

• Razor
            Razor commented
            Editing a comment
            I kind of like seeing a little wear and tear on it. You can get a sense of where grease is collecting, etc. Maybe Weber should do an evaluation like that on the next iteration of the Smoke Fire.

I kid. I kid.

Nate Meathead reviewed this $9,000 grill and was already in process of testing when the shoot began. I believe the video effectively shows its unique features. Please understand, many people find our videos, recipes and reviews through an internet search. These folks are not as familiar with AmazingRibs.com as our valued Pitmaster Club members. This video starts with a boiler plate intro that explains to the viewer what they can expect to see and directs them to click on a link to our full review if they'd like to get more information. The current format takes about 35 seconds. Cigars are not the point of the video and have no significance in it. I simply took advantage of an opportunity to enjoy one on a beautiful day while working outdoors.

Comment

• Nate
            Nate commented
            Editing a comment
            I get it Max that is why I said he should have purchased you another one because why wouldn’t you want your own $9k grill. And yes I know cigars have no significance to the video. In both regards I was being facetious but this has somehow become a thing needing explanation. I came to this site because of reviews. I get it. Failed sarcasm. Moving on.

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            Cigars are very significant - especially on a beautiful (or even not so beautiful) day. They communicate a certain ability to be comfortable with one's own life. Works for me!

There will be a cold day in hell before I pay $9000 for a gasser. 🤪

Comment

• Nate
            Nate commented
            Editing a comment
            Now a stick burner on the other hand lol.

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL Nate !

• Danjohnston949
            Danjohnston949 commented
            Editing a comment
            Beef On The Sunny Side‼️❓‼️ 🤗 😇 🤗
            Long Time No Hear DWC ❓❓❓❓
            From A Backyard Cremator In Fargo ND, Dan

Stickburner. Yes!

Comment

• Danjohnston949
            Danjohnston949 commented
            Editing a comment
            DWCowles, Why Hell Old Son❗️ It's Only Money❓ You Can't Eat It ❗️❓❗️ Dan

Max Good good I know this is an old thread, but I have been eyeballing the Hestan Aspire to replace my old Weber Summit. I am a bit confused as this review seems to be of the higher end Hestan grill, not the Aspire line from Hestan. There is a big difference in price: the Aspire line is about $2,000 less than the line this review seems to be for. Not sure what that would do to the performance review. Thoughts?

Comment

• pkadare
            pkadare commented
            Editing a comment
            The only place I'm seeing the word Aspire is in the post here, not used at all in the actual review.

• Max Good
            Max Good commented
            Editing a comment
            Corrected. Thanks for pointing that out. As pkadare observes, we didn't label it as an Aspire model in the review, however, "Aspire" did appear at the heading of this page.

That is a sweet cooker for sure.

Comment

Max Good Thanks for clarifying. As you and pkadare point out, the whole review references the model which is the "higher" end Hestan. I'm sure the Aspire line is quite good, but with very different internals (the flame tamers, the burners and the grates), I did not want to assume your review covered that model.

Comment

Well, just 3 more rounds of "stimulus" checks for both my wife and I and I'm sure I can convince her that we need one

Comment

maybe weber could build a 3-4k grill with trellis burners and a lid that stays where you put it. that i would buy.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here