Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: 3 NEW Recipes- Cheese-Stuffed Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs, Grilled Watermelon, Grilled Blackened Catfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: 3 NEW Recipes- Cheese-Stuffed Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs, Grilled Watermelon, Grilled Blackened Catfish

Cheese-stuffed Bacon-wrapped Hot Dogs
    Stuffed with cheese then wrapped in bacon, this grilled hot dog recipe is a sure fire hit at any backyard bash. Inspired by Chicago's famed francheesie, our recipe skips the traditional deep frying in favor of the grill for a crisp bacon shell and deep smoky flavor.

Click image for larger version

Name:	grilling_cheese_stuffed_bacon_wrapped_hot_dogs.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	549036

Grilled Watermelon
    Grilling watermelon transforms an otherwise sweet summer treat into a savory side dish or dessert. Grilled watermelon tastes great plain but this recipe rounds out the flavor profile with fiery hot honey, citrusy lemon zest sea salt, and bright fresh mint.

Name:	grilled_sweet_and_spicy_watermelon.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	549034

Grilled Blackened Catfish
    A base of sliced citrus is the key to perfectly grilled fish in this recipe for grilled blackened catfish with charred lemon cream sauce. Grilling the catfish fillets on top of orange slices ensures the fish won't stick to the grill grate and adds a touch of citrus flavor.

Name:	grilling_fish_on_sliced_citrus.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	549035

I’ve done the grilled watermelon before. It’s good. Especially since you usually have coals leftover and need to do something with them at the end.

Comment

I do blacken filets all the time on Phat Mats with similar results. I like the citrus idea; however, I think the flavor imparted would be nice !!

Comment

I've been thinkin' about adding bacon to a cheese dog...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here