Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: 4 NEW Griddle Recipes! + NEW Article on Griddle/Flat-Top Cooking!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: 4 NEW Griddle Recipes! + NEW Article on Griddle/Flat-Top Cooking!

New Article: Why You Need To Start Griddle Grilling (includes gear and book recommendations!), by Paul Sidoriak

NEW Griddle Recipes!

Griddle-grilled Crab Cakes Recipe, by Clint Cantwell
    https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...b-cakes-recipe

Click image for larger version

Name:	griddle_grilling_crab_cakes.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	534867Click image for larger version

Name:	grilled_crab_cake_recipe.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	534865

Griddle-grilled Shrimp with Cheesy Polenta Cakes recipe, by Paul Sidoriak
    https://amazingribs.com/griddle-gril...a-cakes-recipe

Click image for larger version  Name:	flippin_awesome_shrimp.jpg Views:	1 Size:	30.9 KB ID:	534860

Griddle-Grilled Chorizo Breakfast Tacos, by Paul Sidoiak
    https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...reakfast-tacos

Click image for larger version  Name:	flippin_awesome_taco.jpg Views:	1 Size:	28.8 KB ID:	534861

Griddle-Grilled Bacon Jalapeno-Wrapped Corn, by Paul Sidoriak
    https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...o-wrapped-corn

Click image for larger version  Name:	flippin_awesome_corn.jpg Views:	1 Size:	30.9 KB ID:	534862

I love it - I LOOOVE Maryland style crab cakes. I'll have to try this soon! I agree with him on ordering in restaurants, unless you're in the coastal mid-Atlantic, where my experience is typically that they'll tell how straight up how much "filler" there is vs. crab, and if its lump or not. When I lived on the left coast though and would see them on menus, I'd warn the server that I grew up in VA and my expectations were high. Inevitably they'd insist they were amazing, I'd try them, and be disappointed (and out $20-$30). I haven't tried the brand of crab meat he mentions, be interesting to get it and compare. Thanks for the sneak peak!!! 🦀

Comment

Don't miss the new article linked at the very top of the above post! This includes a link to Paul Sidoriak's (@allsid) new Flippin' Awesome Griddle Cooking book!

Comment

I love the way the griddle cooking has taken off on this site. I think just a few months ago there was no sub category for griddle/flat top cooking and now it's one the most frequently posted to sub category. Some awesome recipes posted here and i'm going to order a copy of allsid books!

Comment

• allsid
          allsid commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Frozen Smoke! I have been cooking on a griddle on and off since I was 15 and after attending some industry events recently, I know we have only seen the tip of the iceberg of offerings in this category.

I must admit all four recipes look really good, bacon wrapped anything is in my wheelhouse, but corn? How decadent !!! I’m also a big crab cake fan, make them almost exactly how the recipe describes. What I like and will try is the aioli that goes with it, sounds excellent !!

Thanks to Clint and the team for sharing !!!

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Big aioli fan here!

I can't wait to try the crab cakes. I absolutely love them. Especially since I was recently in San Fran and had all meat crab cakes for the first time. All the ones I've had before had a lot of filler. They were still great, but I had no idea how much better they are when done right.

Comment

My mouth is now waterin'.

Comment

man..more stuff to try....thanks.

Comment

I recently just bought a griddle and tried out the crab cake recipe. It tasted great and the overall process was easier than I thought. I was a little nervous doing it the first time.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here