Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Thoughts On Anthony Bourdain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Anthony Bourdain, it was very upsetting for me to hear. Especially under the circumstances.

Comment

I've always had the fantasy, if so-and-so's car broke down in front of my house while I was cooking... he was on the list.

Comment

Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Very nice article, Meathead . Thank you for the link. It's been a few days and I'm still sad every time I think of Bourdain. What a loss.

Kathryn

Comment

Very good piece Meathead. Anthony was effortlessly Cool !

Comment

Very nice write up Meathead . This one mad me sad. He was on the short list of celebrities I cared to meet.

Comment

" I am sad and confused "
                That is exactly how I feel. As a big fan of Anthony Bourdain that is how i feel....Why do we lose so many influential people this way?
                What is wrong? Why does this happen?
                ​​​​​​​

Comment

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  "We are but a moment’s sunlight, fading in the grass..."

– "Get Together" by Chet Powers (1964)

I don't get star struck easily. Rarely does any celeberty inspire me.

He was truly original and had a candor like no other. His show was always my go to when there was nothing new to watch. I am saddened he succumbed to the demons of mental illness. He will be missed.

Comment

Well said Meathead. I will miss the stories he never told.

Comment

I always thought he came off as a snooty jerk. Then I was fortunate enough to watch this video. He actually liked the people and the food at Waffle House!!

Comment

He was a great story teller and gone too soon. I'll never know what demons he was battling, but I have a son. And if ever I were in that dark place or if anyone here is and has children....think of them. Look at Chester Bennington, Chris Cornell, and all those who fought the demon and lost. As the last line of defense, think of what the family will go thru.

As goes in life, we don't know what we have until its gone. It's an unfortunate factor of humanity that we tend to mourn more at the passing of someone than celebrate with them while they are here.

All too often we are left with thoughts of, I should have called/written/visited more. Lastly, you know your family and friends well. Don't be afraid to confront them if you detect the darkness in their life enveloping them. Sometimes life can be crushing like the deep depths of the ocean and it can merely take a simple act of kindness to decompress that person.

RIP Anthony!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here