Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: 2 More NEW Recipes! Grill Roasted Honey Butter Cabbage, Reuben Burgers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: 2 More NEW Recipes! Grill Roasted Honey Butter Cabbage, Reuben Burgers!

You first! Here we'll post news, gear reviews, videos, and recipes that will end up on the free site BEFORE it gets published there! To see all our NEW Recipes & Gear Reviews, visit the Sneak Preview channel here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ew-for-members

Grill Roasted Honey Butter Cabbage

Make boring cabbage extraordinary by hitting the grill, resulting in a crisp, sweet and smoky BBQ side dish. There's something transformative about grilling vegetables and this recipe for honey roasted cabbage is no different, elevating its flavors far above its traditional boring (and odiferous) boiled cousin.

Click image for larger version

Name:	grilled-honey-butter-cabbage.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	463450

Reuben Burger Recipe

Corned beef is taken to new heights with this delicious recipe for the Reuben burger. Corned beef brisket is ground into burger patties before being grilled to perfection. Inspired by the classic Reuben, this patty melt style burger features tangy sauerkraut, melted Swiss cheese, and Russian dressing on rye bread.

Name:	reuben-burger.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	463449

Those both look delicious. Loving the new recipes.

Comment

Thanks, brother!
      I'm gonna have to give both these a try!

Comment

Yummm...grilled cabbage!

Comment

Comment

Thanks. I will be grinding Corned Beef and making Rye Bread soon!

Comment

• Clint Cantwell
              Clint Cantwell commented
              Editing a comment
              I have never make rye bread before but I think I will try now that you mention it! I actually have rye flour in the pantry which is odd.

So why are you not desalinating the corned beef first? That stuff is crazy salty unless you desalinate it or cook it out with veggies and potatoes traditionally.

Am am I missing something here?

Comment

• Clint Cantwell
              Clint Cantwell commented
              Editing a comment
              Definitely feel free to soak it if you find corned beef to be too salty I've been making the burgers for several years now and have never had a complaint. You really want that corned beef flavor to shine. That said, I did add in to rinse and pat it dry after removing from the package but thats really more about making it easier to cube since its kind of slimy out of the bag.
              Last edited by Clint Cantwell; March 7, 2018, 08:50 AM.

• Skip
              Skip commented
              Editing a comment
              Clint do you add any extra fat to the corned beef when you grind it?

Skip, leave any excess fat that is on the corned beef before grinding. You could always add a little more if you happen to have excess fat lying around. It'll kind of a wet/moist burger anyway with the sauerkraut and dressing.

Comment

Love the Rueben burger idea! I'm definitely going to try.

Comment

Grilled cabbage. Now that is clever and I'm definitely going to give it a try.

Comment

Hmm, the grilled cabbage sounds interesting. And I'm sure the husband would like the burger.

Comment

I'll try that cabbage recipe sometime. It sounds delicious. I liked the stuffed cabbage (Steven Raichlen recipe) I did on St. Paddy's day although I undercooked it. It was stuffed with butter, sauteed bacon, onion, and BBQ sauce.

Name:	Ducs4Qh.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	476458

Name:	65Yvd3E.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	476459

Name:	yWHRhXp.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	476460

Comment

Just getting caught up on the forums and found these two, they are must do. Dang, they are good looking!

Comment

• EdF
                        EdF commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Reuben-Burgers, eh?

Did you also try seasoning the corned beef patties with Meathead’s "Almost as good as Katz’s" Pastrami rub? Pastrami Reuben Burgers sound good.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here