Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: New Recipes- Grilled Oysters & Creole Seasoning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: New Recipes- Grilled Oysters & Creole Seasoning!

You first! Here we'll post news, gear reviews, videos, and recipes that will end up on the free site BEFORE it gets published there! To see all our NEW Recipes & Gear Reviews, visit the Sneak Preview channel here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ew-for-members

New recipe for grilled oysters here:
    https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...-romano-recipeClick image for larger version  Name:	grilled_oysters.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	174.3 KB ID:	449453

And the Creole seasoning that goes with it:
    https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...ing-rub-recipe

Click image for larger version  Name:	creole_seasoning.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.03 MB ID:	449454

Yuk. Bring on the BEEF........😎

Comment

I can do fried oysters until I see green. Them I'm done for another year or two.

Comment

No thank you! I like them raw with a little lemon and hot sauce and a ice cold brew.

Comment

My brother taught me a neat trick before you shuck the oysters. He has an oyster bed 1/2 mile from his house and barely anyone knows it is there as the big fat oysters are heavily covered in mud. We dig them straight out of the mud in an estuary and toss em in a bucket. When we get them home, dump them on the driveway (away from the house) and give em hell with the pressure washer! 2500 psi soon cleans of the mud, crap and little bits of shells that can mess up a good oyster. I prefer to shuck mine and eat raw with garlic butter and jalapeño or shuck and 1 min on a hot grill to warm em up a bit. I can pretty much eat a whole bucket of oysters by myself!

Comment

Looks like something to try! Thanks.

Comment

I've tried raw oysters only once, at a raw oyster bar that's known for them. I could take them or leave them. I didn't see the appeal but I also didn't think they were gross or anything. Not worth a buck a piece or whatever the crazy price was. I do however like them cooked any which way, I love seafood.

Comment

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                My brother-in-law thought he didn't have a taste for them. Then we took him to a place that did them deep-fried. Now one of his favorites. I prefer them that way over fried clams.

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                EdF Now that sounds good. I love some fried clams, and if fried oysters are better sign me up!

• customtrim
                customtrim commented
                Editing a comment
                I love seafood just not oysters
                Last edited by customtrim; February 3, 2018, 06:46 PM.

Not big on seafood (except shrimp). I subscribe more to this philosophy:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DAD3998B-1F54-4A71-B77A-5F7DDBF67191.jpeg
Views:	199
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	449629

Comment

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                Your prerogative. Enjoy!

I love seafood of all types and chargrilled oysters are fantastic. I tried this recipe and it is excellent!!!

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the feedback, and welcome to The Pit!

1) The Acme Oyster House in NOLA is worth the wait in line--and I do not do lines. The only other line I've done in decades is Franklin's, which was a fun experience, but not worth doing twice.

2) Oysters are a PITA to shuck for a non-pro like me. I grill well-scrubbed, un-shucked oysters on a very hot grill until they bubble juices around the edges--about five minutes. Much easier to shuck then. Follow grilling with a dipping sauce of 2 parts butter (one stick), 1 part each Crystal Hot Sauce (which is quite mild), honey, and grated parm, with minced garlic and some other "real" hot sauce to taste.

HEAVEN!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here