Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: New Recipe- Smoked Chocolate Chips!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: New Recipe- Smoked Chocolate Chips!

You first! Here we'll post news, gear reviews, videos, and recipes that will end up on the free site BEFORE it gets published there! To see all our NEW Recipes & Gear Reviews, visit the Sneak Preview channel here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ew-for-members

Smoked Chocolate Chips
    https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...e-chips-recipe

Click image for larger version  Name:	smoked-chocolate-chips.jpg Views:	1 Size:	188.3 KB ID:	449443

This is genius. I may have to start eating sweets again.

Comment

Smoke chocolate chips...now we’re talking. 😊

Comment

Very interesting.

Comment

Dang it! Now I have to smoke chocolate chips because.... well curiosity....

already thinking of how to incorporate sea salt to the mix.... and should it be smoked sea salt or just regular....

Comment

• Clint Cantwell
            Clint Cantwell commented
            Editing a comment
            Let me know what you come up with! Probably have to add it to the baked goods since the chocolate chips don't melt. Maybe some flake salt sprinkled on top of cookies!

Obviously they'd need to be cold-smoked.

Comment

• Clint Cantwell
            Clint Cantwell commented
            Editing a comment
            Indeed. The key is to create a decent amount of smoke with very little heat. A few pre-heated briquets and some wood chunks or chips (though you'll probably have to add more chips throughout the cooking process). The ice helps keep them as cool as possible as well.

Clint Cantwell you are awfully hard on my New Years diet!!

Comment

• Clint Cantwell
            Clint Cantwell commented
            Editing a comment
            I do what I can do! But congrats on making it all the way into early February!

Clint Cantwell For something like this I would likely use my Bradley electric smoker. It's very well suited to cold smoking and while I don't use it for meat any more (except beef jerky), canned tomatoes, cheese and now chocolate chips are all a good fit for an electric.

Comment

Tried this this week. Used an amazentube and my rec tec mini. Put a grill mat on the grill and spread chips across it. Smoked for 15 minutes. That was plenty of smoke for me. Used them in some Hatch green chili chocolate chip cookies. Must have been good, I ate the whole batch in three days.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here