Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: UPDATED FULL REVIEW, Traeger Ironwood & Ironwood XL Pellet Cookers

Collapse
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: UPDATED FULL REVIEW, Traeger Ironwood & Ironwood XL Pellet Cookers

You first! Here we'll post news, gear reviews, videos, and recipes that are freshly published on the public site before getting advertised there! To see all our NEW Recipes & Gear Reviews, visit the Sneak Preview channel here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ew-for-members

2022 Traeger Ironwood & Ironwood XL Pellet Cookers, by Max Good

LINK: https://amazingribs.com/ratings-revi...eger-ironwood/

The new Traeger mid-size Ironwood and large Ironwood XL are upgraded versions of their existing Ironwood 650 and Ironwood 885.

At the beginning of 2022, Traeger rolled out their top of the line versions of Timberline smokers that are loaded with great features at a pretty steep price. Now here comes the new Ironwood that includes some of those same new features and a few other upgrades at a more modest MSRP. Traeger states the new Ironwood price points were "strategically chosen to make the premium product more attainable for general consumers."

You may remember that Max shared his review-in-progress back in mid-February. He finished his thorough testing of the midsized Ironwood, see the updated full review at the link above.

Click image for larger version  Name:	traeger-ironwood-hero.jpg Views:	265 Size:	62.2 KB ID:	1378025
  • Answer selected by Huskee at April 5, 2023, 02:58 PM.

Updated full review by Max posted at the link in the main top post.

Comment

I like those new design choices!

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks like Traeger is stepping up to their competition.

I saw that model at Home Depot, but it was not on the website. Looking forward to the review.

Comment

Updated full review by Max posted at the link in the main top post.

Comment

Thanks for the review Max!

Comment

Thank you so much for this review. I have recently relocated to Sweden and had to leave my modded Char-Griller Offset behind. I would rather have another offset, but with children at the age of 4 and 1.5 years old long cooks is basically out of the question. I will be picking one up.

Edit: Have picked one up. Just have to wait for delivery now. Guessing sods law meaning it arrives conveniently after the weekend...
            Last edited by Tomaron; March 14, 2024, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here