Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: NEW REVIEW - Char-Griller Grand Champ Offset Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: NEW REVIEW - Char-Griller Grand Champ Offset Smoker

You first! Here we'll post news, gear reviews, videos, and recipes that are freshly published on the public site before getting advertised there! To see all our NEW Recipes & Gear Reviews, visit the Sneak Preview channel here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ew-for-members

Char-Griller Grand Champ Offset Smoker Review, by Clint Cantwell

Link: https://amazingribs.com/ratings-revi...-champ-offset/

We always advise our readers to stay away from cheap offset smokers and jump straight to high-quality, heavy metal models. But Char-Griller's Grand Champ provides an intermediate alternative; not cheap as the $200 tin can models, but way less than classic quarter-inch steel competition smokers.​

Click image for larger version  Name:	char-griller-grand-champ-offset-hero.jpg Views:	136 Size:	47.6 KB ID:	1360593

A Tweener! Makes sense. Wonder how good it is in the workin department.

Comment

• mrichie1229
      mrichie1229 commented
      Editing a comment
      It gets a "Platinum" rating by Clint, so it must be good for the price of $600. I'll have to look closer, maybe add it to my Christmas list...

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      For some weird reason the link didn’t show the first time I looked at the post.

$549 @ the orange box store - thanks for that boost to my MCS 😂

Comment

Nice! I’ve looked at these at the Depot - not sure if it was this specific model, I’m guessing it may have been because it seemed sturdy and heavier than some cheaper ones.

Reading through this….hmmmmm…an off-set???

Thanks for the review!

Comment

Aaah Dang! I told my wife 9 cookers was all I was gonna need! I didn't think I'd find a decent offset in my price range. Why wasn't this on the list when I was choosing a prize? Well, I might be able to get by this year, and next year...

Comment

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          There’s a lot of 2023 left Bogy 😉

Great review Clint.. This looks to be a pretty decent offset, especially for the money. I think this is gonna be a great way for people to get their feet wet with an offset and not break the bank.

Comment

• Driverdan
          Driverdan commented
          Editing a comment
          I totally agree with Clint. Been smoking on mine for over a year and love it. I have many other types of grills and smokers, but felt I was missing out on the fire management experience needed with an offset. Got it for $549 from HD

This is perfect as we get asked all of the time about a magical smoker that is better than a COS but not thousands of dollars. Now we have a solid recommendation to offer readers.

Comment

I promise, if you learn to work this properly, or even a cheapy COS, the food tastes the same.

Comment

• rickgregory
            rickgregory commented
            Editing a comment
            But it's hard to recommend something that doesn't hold temps well and is so cheap it easily rusts out, etc. This seems nice at a price point that's reasonable for most people.

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            The effort involved to work it properly goes up considerably with cheaper thinner ones but assuming you can handle it the food can't tell.

• Max Good
            Max Good commented
            Editing a comment
            Says the man with the Yoder!

I missed this post last week. I web window shopped this offset several times before I found my KBQ in hopes it would show up at a local store so I could see one. IMO, this is very cool to see a COS with a platinum rating. I know some will say it’s not that cheap, but it is still less than half, probably even less than a third the price of any 3/16 or 1/4” offsets I’ve found new. Thanks for reviewing Clint Cantwell .

Comment

• STEbbq
            STEbbq commented
            Editing a comment
            Plus Char-Griller stuff is routinely clearanced out at big box stores so it could be had for 50% off if we are lucky.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here