Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: NEW REVIEW - 2022 Traeger Timberline & Timberline XL Pellet Cookers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: NEW REVIEW - 2022 Traeger Timberline & Timberline XL Pellet Cookers

You first! Here we'll post news, gear reviews, videos, and recipes that are freshly published on the public site before getting advertised there! To see all our NEW Recipes & Gear Reviews, visit the Sneak Preview channel here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ew-for-members

2022 Traeger Timberline and Timberline XL Review​, by Max Good

LINK: https://amazingribs.com/ratings-revi...er-timberline/

When we first saw the 2022 Traeger Timberlines we were struck by three things; the substantial construction, the rustic elegance, and the price tags. Since then we have conducted a thorough test of this cooker and have created this extensive review.

Click image for larger version  Name:	timberline-hero-800x800.jpg.png Views:	11 Size:	232.5 KB ID:	1348040 Click image for larger version  Name:	traeger-timberline-xl.jpg.png Views:	11 Size:	143.9 KB ID:	1348039

I'm curious how warranties factor in at a certain price point value and rating wise? For instance, some other manufacturers now have 5-8, or even lifetime warranties that actually cover a lot in the 1.5K and up price range. The Traeger warranty doesn't really cover anything other than rust after 3 years which at 4K+ (once you add the accessories, some of which seem key to the product?) is kinda disappointing.

Was also kinda hoping that Max coulda got his hands on all those accessories to see which ones are worth it. I have a few friends that will always buy Traeger regardless of what else is out there, and would love to point them to an AR review as the definitive review if it ever came up in conversation. The only in depth accessory reviews I've seen for this are 100% paid reviewers who I don't trust.

Regardless, I'm always happy to see innovations in the pellet world. Also glad to see most of the "warts" seem to be software fixable unlike the gen 1 smokefire. It benefits all pellet grill owners when companies shoot for the moon, Be it their preferred manufacturer making software, hardware, and or price changes in response or having a compelling reason to try another product.

Comment

The one thing that stood out to me in the review was the flimsy support of the racks placed in the higher slots. That's more structural than functionality correctable by software. Kind of weird for that price point.

Comment

Well done Max.

it actually looks like a lot better smoker than I thought it would be, especially one that is available anywhere. It is not the greatest value, but doesn’t seem to be as overpriced as I thought it would be initially. I’d be curious as to what glitchy thinks of the review.

Comment

As always, Max Good is the best in the biz and nails this review. I've used my Timberline XL for two months and many cooks and I've written about it here. It's expensive but it brings new tech to the party, produces way more smoke than other pellet grills I've owned and the induction burner is not a gimmick. It's a solid "gold" rating in my book and is not as outrageously overpriced as you'd think for what you get. I expect Traeger will continue to tweak the temp issues through software updates.

You have give some props to this industry-leading company that many love to hate ... they threw out the tired old design and went for some serious innovation and largely succeeded.

I'm sure many of the changes will trickle down to their lower-priced grills next year.

Interesting, Traeger does not get into the wood chip/chunk smoke box that has gotten a lot of love from YouTubers, and that doesn't bother me.

Comment

• glitchy
            glitchy commented
            Editing a comment
            YouTubers tend to get free products for pushing them, so I’ll wait for more reviews from people here before I think too much of the chunk/chip boxes. I’m pretty happy with my MAK though. I’ve see the new Timberline in stores and thought it looked like a great grill and am not at all surprised you get more smoke flavor with the drip pan, exhaust and fire pot designs on it.

I saw one in person the other day for the first time. Built well for sure. As always, I enjoyed the review. Max is the best.

Comment

Thanks guys. Happy holidays!

Comment

• glitchy
              glitchy commented
              Editing a comment
              Merry Christmas Max. Thanks for yet another great product review.

Another informative review. It is a really tough choice in that price point so one needs all the info one can get. I have an aging GMG Jim Bowie which shows no signs of slowing down so not actively shopping. I have helped to buddies assemble their new RecTec 1250 and 2500 and was very impressed with them. Having a 4 probe Meater Block and a Thermoworks Signals I wouldn't worry about their app. I don't like models that vent rather than having a single stack and and as far as racks and shelves this one has them. Interesting to note that it seems to come equipped with accessories that must be purchased separately with other brands. Again once in this price range its a tough choice, so in addition to the reviews the PitMaster forum threads on every grill that every existed provide even more insight.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here