Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: Meathead's Article On BBQ & Diabetes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: Meathead's Article On BBQ & Diabetes

Are you a diabetic who loves barbecue? Here's a sneak peek at Meathead's new article regarding what you need to know in order to still enjoy smoking and grilling.

https://amazingribs.com/bbq-and-diabetes/

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 12.05.10 PM.png
Views:	561
Size:	445.8 KB
ID:	1311275

I wish Wilfred Brimley was still around to read this one.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Unknown.jpg
Views:	527
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	1311339

BBQ can actually fit into this pretty well........just go for the savory and leave out the sweets! I was almost diabetic when I was about 460 lbs. The Dr. was about to put me on thinners and all kinds of other pills to help fight what I was becoming. Then I went KETO, skipped the sugar and lost about 180 lbs so far. Never stopped making or eating BBQ, just cut the sugar out. Found a new style that I really like. (Texas inspired)

Now my blood work is as good as it has ever been. Amazing what can happen if you cut out refined sugars and junk. Get back to the basics!

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, keep it up amigo!

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      Hell yeah!

• mrteddyprincess
      mrteddyprincess commented
      Editing a comment
      I am also trying to stick to low-carb options and one of my pet-peeves in BBQ is smoked/baked beans that have the same sugar content as banana pudding :-) Beans can be savory and not have to come with their own vial of insulin, people! :-)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here