Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: New Article & Exhibit - "The History Of The Jewish Deli: I’ll Have What She’s Having"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: New Article & Exhibit - "The History Of The Jewish Deli: I’ll Have What She’s Having"

You first! Here we'll post news, gear reviews, videos, and recipes that are freshly published on the public site before getting advertised there! To see all our NEW Recipes & Gear Reviews, visit the Sneak Preview channel here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ew-for-members

Exhibit- "The History Of The Jewish Deli: I’ll Have What She’s Having", by Meathead
    LINK: https://amazingribs.com/jewish-delis/

There’s something truly special about traditional Jewish delis, whether you have experienced one in person or are simply aware due to their prevalence in television programs and movies. And now the history of these culinary institutions is on full display thanks to a new traveling exhibit, ""I’ll Have What She’s Having’: The Jewish Deli,” that was recently highlighted in a New York Times. Click the link above for more info.

Click image for larger version

Name:	katz-pastrami-slicing.jpg.png
Views:	9165
Size:	515.7 KB
ID:	1263365

Thanks for posting this Huskee. I’ve only been to one NYC Deli, Premier, on 7th Av. 3 blocks from Central Park. I got hooked on NYC deli food at a local deli in Greensboro, Lox, Stock & Bagel, started by NJ transplants back in the 1980’s. Sure would be fun to travel to the Big Apple to see this exhibit.
    Last edited by WayneT; July 28, 2022, 04:07 PM.

Comment

2nd Avenue Deli is Pitmaster Club on my list.

Comment

Not sure why but it substituted out number 1 for Pitmaster Club in my comment.

Comment

• Michael_in_TX
          Michael_in_TX commented
          Editing a comment
          Pitmaster Club

• Michael_in_TX
          Michael_in_TX commented
          Editing a comment
          That is so weird..... must be a story behind it.

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          I get paid $1 every time you do that.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here