Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: NEW Review - "Flame King" Propane Cylinder Refill Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: NEW Review - "Flame King" Propane Cylinder Refill Kit

You first! Here we'll post news, gear reviews, videos, and recipes that are freshly published on the public site before getting advertised there! To see all our NEW Recipes & Gear Reviews, visit the Sneak Preview channel here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ew-for-members

"Flame King" Propane Cylinder Refill Kit, by Big Jim Maivald
    Link:
    https://amazingribs.com/ratings-revi...er-refill-kit/

If you have done any camping you have probably used 1-pound disposable "DOT 39" propane cylinders. They are compatible with dozens of products including camping stoves, grills, lanterns, portable heaters, and torches for searing, caramelizing, and even soldering.

The problem is that they are not cheap, they don’t last long, they should not be refilled, and disposing of the spent metal canister is wasteful. But there is a great cost-effective solution. While disposable tanks from Coleman and others cost $6 to $9, refilling a special safe tank costs only $1 to $2. Read Big Jim's review on the Flame King Cylinder Refill Kit to learn more.

For more on the subject be sure to read Meathead's excerpt from his new book, "Refilling small propane tanks"

Click image for larger version  Name:	flame-king-01-955x1024.jpeg.png Views:	235 Size:	1.25 MB ID:	1227460 Click image for larger version  Name:	flame-king 1.jpg Views:	37 Size:	27.3 KB ID:	1227461

I haven’t read your review yet . So unbiased, i did get one of these and it seems to work well thus far.

Comment

I have that. It's okay but the stand really isn't necessary. The "disposable" tanks are refillable too so the kit isn't really necessary. But if you're paranoid about refilling the disposable ones this is a decent product. I rarely use mine and just refill the disposables these days.

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        I bought a refill adapter at harbor freight for cheap when I misplaced the one that came in that kit.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Supposedly it's illegal to refill the disposable ones, so "we don't recommend doing it".

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        It's illegal to jaywalk too. But obviously this website should not endorse refilling the non refillables. But tens of thousands of us do it. Personally, I'll replace them each year or every so many uses just to be safe. I think the risk is minimal regardless. But you guys are doing the right thing with your advice 👍
        Last edited by Attjack; May 27, 2022, 09:04 PM.

The link to the review isn't clickable(?). I had to copy and paste it to my browser (the horror!).

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        This seems to happen to me a lot, not sure why. But thanks, I fixed it.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here