Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: 4 New Thermometer Reviews, by Bill McGrath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: 4 New Thermometer Reviews, by Bill McGrath

You first! Here we'll post news, gear reviews, videos, and recipes that are freshly published on the public site before getting advertised there! To see all our NEW Recipes & Gear Reviews, visit the Sneak Preview channel here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ew-for-members

4 New Thermometer Reviews, by Bill McGrath:

ThermoPro TP-450: https://amazingribs.com/ratings_revi...tp-450-review/

Click image for larger version

Name:	ThPr_TP-450.jpg.png
Views:	541
Size:	211.1 KB
ID:	1222818

ThermoPro TP-511: https://amazingribs.com/ratings_revi...tp-511-review/

Name:	ThPr_TP-511-1.jpg.png
Views:	18137
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	1222816

ThermoPro TP-910: https://amazingribs.com/ratings_revi...tp-910-review/

Name:	ThPr_TP-910.jpg.png
Views:	517
Size:	209.8 KB
ID:	1222817

ThermoPro TP-930: https://amazingribs.com/ratings_revi...tp-930-review/

Name:	ThPr_TP-930.jpg.png
Views:	530
Size:	304.2 KB
ID:	1222819

Nice reviews. Nice price points. Just what I need, more thermometers.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't we all....

I'd snap one of these up if I didn't already have the SnS-500 4-probe set...
    Last edited by DaveD; May 18, 2022, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a good one! One of the top ones out there.

• DaveD
      DaveD commented
      Editing a comment
      It's excellent for sure. RF transmission from the base unit to the remote is basically foolproof (and you can believe me, because I am some kind of fool). I got some extra probes and leave one in the kitchen oven so that I can use the base unit in every setting. Data for the win!

I had a ThermoPro probe thermometer a number of years ago. Was very inexpensive (~$20) and highly rated on Amazon. Worked well for about 2 years. Then it clunked out (during Thanksgiving of course), temp readings were way off. That model didn't have a recalibration option and replacing the battery didn't help. Pitched it and bought a Thermoworks ChiefAlarm (and later a Smoke). Haven't looked back. Because of my experience, I don't recommend Thermopro to my family and friends. I'm as cheap as anyone, but cooking thermometers isn't where I cut costs (anymore). Just my 2 cents and experience.
    Last edited by Grillin Dad; May 18, 2022, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      They've come a long way in recent years. I had the same experience. Nowadays, while still not ThermoWorks' quality per se (but also not their price point), they are better than times past. If you're familiar with guitars the same thing happened with Epiphone and Squier guitars- budget trash in the 80s and 90s, great today. Just a perspective to consider.

Sell me a wireless probe thermometer that works with a thermostatic blower. Does that exist?

Comment

Which thermometer do you use?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here