Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: NEW RECIPE - Schweinebraten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: NEW RECIPE - Schweinebraten

This German-style pork butt (Schweinebraten) recipe is a surefire crowd favorite, featuring mouthwateringly tender, a touch of crunch from the crackingly crisp skin, and a flavor-rich gravy. Pitmaster Club members get an advanced look at the recipe by visiting https://amazingribs.com/schweinebraten-recipe/.
    Attached Files

The use of cumin in this is really surprising to me. I think I want to try this, to try something different with pork butt. Also, I've never cooked a pork butt to just 150 F.

Comment

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      That's good because the recipe calls for a final temp of 160*F. 😁👌

das sieht gut aus!

Comment

Clint Cantwell looks amazing! There's a small typo in the last sentence of step 6:

"IntAim for an internal temperature target of 160°F."

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Fixed, thanks!

I like caraway seeds in my rub for this dish in addition to the cumin.

Comment

Might have to give this one a try.

Comment

I have a fresh picnic ham I’d like to try with this (as suggested in the article). Since the ham is significantly leaner and has less connective tissue than a butt, should I make any adjustments to cooking temps? Thanks!

Comment

• Meathead
            Meathead commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't think the differences are that great that it should make a diff but the conical shape might make a small diff. Hard to say...

• Grillin Dad
            Grillin Dad commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds good. I’ll give this a try Saturday, I’ll be cheating though, cooking it indoors, in the oven. Will let you know how it turns out!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here