Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek REVIEW TEASER -- Thermostatically-Controlled Gas Grill: Char-Broil Cruise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek REVIEW TEASER -- Thermostatically-Controlled Gas Grill: Char-Broil Cruise

FULL REVIEW COMING SOON!

For now, please enjoy this preview:

CHAR-BROIL CRUISE GAS GRILL: A PREVIEW, by Max Good
    LINK: https://amazingribs.com/ratings_revi...ise-gas-grill/

Char-Broil bills their forthcoming thermostatically controlled Cruise Gas Grill as, "the next generation of gas grilling." If it does what they claim then Cruise will be the first viable thermostatically controlled gas grill for residential use that we've seen. We're eager to get our hands on the first production models scheduled to roll out in spring 2022 but in the meantime, here's a preview.

Click image for larger version  Name:	charbroil-cruise.png Views:	69 Size:	203.4 KB ID:	1161949 Click image for larger version  Name:	char-broil-cruise-control-panel.gif.png Views:	64 Size:	513.0 KB ID:	1161950

Very interesting. I will be watching carefully for the full review. In my dream outdoor kitchen I've been contemplating, there will definitely be a gasser. On first glance, it looks as though this would be easy to convert to built-in even if they don't offer a built-in version.

Comment

Gas oven? One control? Waiting on review.

Comment

Hmm gotta wonder about searing as well as even heat with that burner setup. I'll wait and see, not holding my breath.

Comment

Depending on Max's review, this may be the gasser I finally get. I know cooking temps for everything I cook, as most all of us do. If I can carry my temp-cooking knowledge to a gasser I'll be happy.

I've been w/o a gasser since circa 2009 or 2010, when I discovered AmazingRibs.com in its infancy and decided to get good at charcoal. Well, I'm still trying to get good at charcoal. But the point is I've been looking for "the right" gas grill for a while now and nice ones are out of my price range and cheap ones, well I've been there/done that and I want more than 3 or 4 years. If this Char-Broil is still only in the 3-4 yrs dept that may be ok if it works as advertised.

Personally I don't care about searing, it's not a deal-breaker. I'm used to firing up the cast iron pan or the charcoal currently, but not having to would of course be icing on the cake.

Comment

Interesting, but without searing power, it becomes a lot less convenient. It says it can do 700+,. but doesn't seem like it has the flux to actually accomplish that. Would be interesting to see the ramp up delay at varying increments of set temp.

I had an older "TRU" and when it got gunked up by a cook, it was not easy to clean. Hopefully they've addressed clean up.

Comment

• Max Good
              Max Good commented
              Editing a comment
              TRU-Infrared, now Amplifier, enables high temp with low heat flux. We'll see.

I’ll be interested when it has 2-zone and side sear burner

and, when they have data on how electronics pass HAST
            Highly Accelerated Stress Test ie Gulf Coast temperature, humidity, rain, hurricanes…
            Last edited by smokenoob; January 19, 2022, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Seems like it's missing a key feature; the ability to set up two zones...

Comment

• Max Good
                Max Good commented
                Editing a comment
                It can't do 2-zone but CB claims it has a low temp of 350°F which is a target temp for roasting.

• Polarbear777
                Polarbear777 commented
                Editing a comment
                The lowest temp setting is 350F? Huh. Less useful than I even thought.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here