Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: NEW Review - Gozney Dome Dual Fuel Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buzz4231
    replied
    Good friend of mine bought one of these with the initial drop. He’s had it for a couple months at this point and absolutely loves his.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    The Blackstone is just sheet metal and the stones. Nothing fancy.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Is it made of the same materials? My stick-burning smoker takes WAY longer to heat up than my other smokers and kettles.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Frustrating. They sure have a ways to go to it sounds like. Maybe they have a new team who are handling it, we can hope. This reminds me a little bit of the experience being an early back of the Meater. That was a circus.

• HawkerXP
    replied
    Looks like fun!

Leave a comment:

• ScottyC13
    replied
    Well written review. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Bob
    replied
    We on The Pit know that Dave knows his stuff when it comes to pizza, and his enthusiasm for this thing is obvious. I don't doubt his endorsement one bit. As a big kid who likes his toys and will purchase devices like this just for the desire to satisfy curiosity I've learned that Gozney is a company I won't touch with a ten foot pole.

I'll not go into full detail and turn this into an over the top venting session, just say that I signed up for their program that promised early access to purchasing one of these when they launched, that sign up in August of '20 promising delivery in March of '21. Unsurprisingly that launch slipped a few months. When they did the actual launch they threw it out to a cattle call ordering method for what turned out to be a very limited supply stream. The way they made the ordering process was SO FRUSTRATING that after getting shut out 4 times (yes, I can be a masochist) I said the hell with it. They, of course, figured out that they botched it, made the usual empty apologies, and then went silent. I recently got an "invitation" to go through their conga line waiting process again.............more than a year later than originally promised............with a projected delivery now into approximately mid '22. This is a company who is the cover model for "Over promise, under deliver" magazine. Again, this is not a shot at Dave or AR, they're doing what they do.

We live in a world now that markets through internet "ambassadors". Good folks who've gone through the efforts to establish themselves as enthusiastic representatives of whatever endeavor they participate in. The product companies logically recognize this and pursue these successful folks to "try their product with no strings attached". It's not a bad way to do business, and I believe many of those "ambassadors" do their best to present an honest evaluation of the hardware. What they don't get exposed to is the real customer experience that we less visible folks who don't get the "white glove treatment" go through. As in this case, the hardware may be terrific, but dealing with Gozney is an entirely frustrating, and somewhat degrading experience. They've lost me because of their attitude, not their product features/functions.
    Last edited by Uncle Bob; December 17, 2021, 10:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dtresca
    replied
    That looks really cool. Great write up!

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    A pizza oven for me would be extremely expensive. If I get one I will surely have to also order a whole new wardrobe of clothes, because these'ns won't fit for long I can tell you that much.

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    replied
    Enough to get me eatin pizza again.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    replied
    Pretty spendy compared to my $50 Blackstone.

"Once cured, this dual fuel machine is essentially a push button outdoor pizza oven that gets up to 950°F in less than an hour. "

Less than an hour? I would certainly hope so. My Blackstone reached 950°F in 10 minutes.
    Last edited by Attjack; December 16, 2021, 02:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mrichie1229
    replied
    Great review!

Leave a comment:

• tbob4
    replied
    Ok - please never post something like this around Christmas again. I’m going to pout when my wife blindfolds me, leads me outside and shows me a lawnmower instead of a pizza oven! MCS has struck really bad now!

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Wow! That thing is sweet!

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    started a topic Sneak Peek: NEW Review - Gozney Dome Dual Fuel Oven

Sneak Peek: NEW Review - Gozney Dome Dual Fuel Oven

You first! Here we'll post news, gear reviews, videos, and recipes that are freshly published on the public site before getting advertised there! To see all our NEW Recipes & Gear Reviews, visit the Sneak Preview channel here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ew-for-members

Gozney Dome Dual Fuel Oven, by Dave Joachim
    Link:https://amazingribs.com/ratings-revi...s/gozney-dome/

When the Gozney Dome pizza oven went on sale to the public in 2021, it sold out in 8 hours. We tested the dual fuel version (wood or gas) and were blown away by its versatility, performance, and design. Read our complete review to see our award!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gozney Dome.png
Views:	9908
Size:	209.8 KB
ID:	1143081 Click image for larger version

Name:	Gozney Dome 2.png
Views:	469
Size:	801.2 KB
ID:	1143083 Click image for larger version

Name:	Gozney Dome 3.png
Views:	448
Size:	628.7 KB
ID:	1143084 Click image for larger version

Name:	Gozney Dome 4.png
Views:	464
Size:	401.8 KB
ID:	1143082

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here