Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: NEW Recipe - Pork Tenderloin Lollipops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: NEW Recipe - Pork Tenderloin Lollipops

You first! Here we'll post news, gear reviews, videos, and recipes that are freshly published on the public site before getting advertised there! To see all our NEW Recipes & Gear Reviews, visit the Sneak Preview channel here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ew-for-members

Pork Tenderloin Lollipops, by Clint Cantwell
    Here's the ultimate grab-and-go appetizer. Pork tenderloin is cut into medallions that are then skewered with lollipop sticks before being grilled and served with a soy-ginger dipping sauce.

Here's the ultimate grab-and-go appetizer. Pork tenderloin is cut into medallions and skewered with lollipop sticks before being grilled and served with a winning soy-ginger dipping sauce.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pork-lollipops-1024x683.jpg.png
Views:	11125
Size:	732.2 KB
ID:	1076734

Who doesn't love food on a stick?

Thanks for the sneak peek.

Kathryn

Comment

BIG fan of pork tenderloin here, especially when it goes on sale periodically for $2.99/lb. at Kroger. I'm always looking for something new to do with it, and this looks great. I'm thinking a double batch might be a good use for the Vortex.

Comment

Bookmarked!

Comment

This sounds delicious, and easy, too!
          ​​

Comment

OMG!

Comment

Question: The recipe was originally created for a pre-marinated tenderloin... do they come with the silverskin removed, or is that a skippable step? I would think the former, meaning you might want to update the recipe to note the removal of the silverskin.

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                To me, (and I realize I am not Clint the author of this recipe) they're so thin that I'd skip the hassle of removing it myself.

Looks like fun!

Comment

Tip: if you cannot find pointed lollipop sticks use a pencil sharpener.

Comment

This recipe is a keeper. I cannot think of a quicker, simpler or flavourful way to do pork tenderloin. Honestly, the most effort I used was lighting the charcoal chimney and pouring it into the S&S. I did not bother with the sticks as it was just the wife and I.

No pictures but I have another tenderloin on hand and this recipe will be incorporated into the rotation so stay tuned.

Comment

Don't want to be Debbie downer but the recipe sounds incredibly basic. Cut tenderloin into medallions. Grill. Dip in soy-ginger sauce. It feels like there's a step missing which is to marinate the pork esp given the source.

My quick thought would be to marinate the medallions in soy-ginger sauce minus the honey and lime. Then bring the marinade to a boil (to sterilizes it) and add the lime and honey. Or simply toss the marinade and mane the dipping sauce fresh.

Comment

• rodkeary
                      rodkeary commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Being incredibly basic is the beauty of this recipe. The dipping sauce provided more than enough robust flavor for my palate.

I'm sure you could be successful with your suggested marinate method but I would encourage you to try the recipe as written first. Just cut off a couple of medallions, grill them up and dip.

• rickgregory
                      rickgregory commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oh I don't doubt it's tasty, I was just surprised by all of the rapturous comments above for what is a recipe that says, effectively, 'cut tenderloin into medallions, S&P, grill, dip in teriyaki sauce"

Great idea,
                    Teriyaki sauce,
                    ​​​​

Comment

I'm thinkin' this should be named "Midwest Satay"............

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here