Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: NEW Review - Weber Traveler Portable Gas Grill, by Max Good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BabelBBQ
    replied
    I'm a sucker for deals. I had $50 in reward points at Dick's sporting goods, and they had the Weber Traveler was on a flash sale for $329.99. So after taxes and shipping (only $5.00 shipping they charged $20 but then give a $15 credit for some reason), it was $302 and some change. I read Max's review and saw one at the tailgate next to me on the 4th of July (White Sox game). The guy with the Traveler also gave it high praise. I had brought a Jumbo Joe and charcoal Go-Anywhere with me for the tailgate I was cooking for 18, so one small grill was not enough. I have to admit I was jealous of the guy with the Traveler not cooking at ground level (I wish I had one of the Weber charcoal grill tables they discontinued). I'm looking forward to bringing it to my next tailgate!

I like to justify all my grill purchases (sometimes to myself and sometimes to my wife) so I did end up selling my Go-Anywhere yesterday for $60, so the way I see it I really only put out about $240 for the Traveler. Since I really only used the Go-Anywhere for tailgating I figure I could do without it.

Nice review Max. Helped push me in the right direction.

Leave a comment:

• Max Good
    commented on 's reply
    Weber hopes to offer a griddle insert for Traveler by the end of the year. Meanwhile they say the griddle from their Gourmet BBQ System will work.

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    LOL. Beef is plant-based, they process grass and grain. But what do I know?

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, you wrong. I've smelled beef and plant based "beef" wasn't even close

• Max Good
    commented on 's reply
    Good idea. I just inquired if that's in the works.

• Polarbear777
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, they could provide a griddle plate to fit this exactly instead of the current grate.

• glitchy
    commented on 's reply
    The Q series has half griddle grates as an accessory and I think you can replace one or both grates. So, it might be on the way. They would just likely be Weber’s porcelain cast iron versus rolled steel.

• Polarbear777
    replied
    I'd like to see this exact same form factor as a griddle..

Leave a comment:

• ScottyC13
    replied
    Max Good , Nice review as always!

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    replied
    glitchy "I couldn't make it through the whole review, I saw plant based burgers being cooked and threw up."

Grass feed Beef is plant-based I think. I could be wrong. But if I am correct I consume plant-based protein.

Hops and Barley in PBR are plant-based.

The write-up was really good.
    Last edited by bbqLuv; April 21, 2021, 05:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• glitchy
    replied
    I couldn't make it through the whole review, I saw plant based burgers being cooked and threw up.

All kidding aside, another excellent review Max Good ! I've been impressed with the few cooks I've done on mine and really feel it's a solid little grill and seems like a decent price for the quality. After the initial burn in where I had a mostly empty 1lb can, I've been using an adapter hose. So, it's nice to have an idea on how long full 1lb cans might last when I take it on the road in a couple months.
    Last edited by glitchy; April 21, 2021, 03:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sneak Peek: NEW Review - Weber Traveler Portable Gas Grill, by Max Good

You first! Here we'll post news, gear reviews, videos, and recipes that are freshly published on the public site before getting advertised there! To see all our NEW Recipes & Gear Reviews, visit the Sneak Preview channel here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ew-for-members

Weber Traveler, by Max Good
    https://amazingribs.com/ratings-revi...eber-traveler/

If you need a large portable gasser for camping, tailgating or just grilling around town on the weekend, Traveler is a very good choice. There are both less expensive and more expensive cart models, placing Traveler somewhere in a mid-price range. Quality construction and Weber's excellent customer service merit every penny. Read our review to find out what medal we give Traveler.

Click image for larger version  Name:	weber traveler 2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	30.3 KB ID:	1020911Click image for larger version  Name:	weber traveler1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	50.4 KB ID:	1020912Click image for larger version  Name:	weber-traveler-flank-steak-3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	323.4 KB ID:	1020913

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here