Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Braten 1000 finally arrives!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats. I'm lookin' forward to some photos of it in action.

Comment

Awesome congratulations have fun with it and please share your photos and experiences!

Comment

WoooHoo! Congrats!

Comment

Awesome, congrats! That makes me feel lucky with my timeline - ordered in Jan, arrived in May..

This was me a couple weeks ago...haven't gotten to use in the snow yet, but standing by that fire with the warmth and aroma while it's cold out is a pretty awesome feeling. Esp when you know you're going to get to eat the meat after..
          Attached Files

Comment

Congrats on the new cooker, it was on my short list but I couldn't find many videos on it. Look forward to hearing (and seeing) how you enjoy this cooker.

Comment

I got my burn-in started. I decided to spray the inside with canola oil, and then used the firebox to heat it up. Also gives me a chance to practice with temperature regulation.

I am getting a lot of smoke leaking from the right side of the lid - both front and back. There is more coming from there than there is from the chimney.

Although, after closer inspection - it may be mostly smoking oil from my spray down. I definitely have heat coming from the chimney, so it is doing what it is supposed to do.

was going to post a quick video, but apparently it won’t accept the native iPhone .mov format.

Any thoughts on the smoke leakage?

Last edited by MrSkimo; December 4, 2021, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Curious did it turn out to be the oil - did it go away after oil burned off?

Comment

I don’t have too terribly much smoke leakage when I use the firebox. With AK temps I’m not sure how it affects the size of the fire, but I typically run wide open both vents and maintain a smaller fire. I’ll start with two splits and a small chimney of coals and add a decent sized split as the temps start to dip. Mine rides between 250-270 with that approach.

Comment

Originally posted by das85 View Post
                    Curious did it turn out to be the oil - did it go away after oil burned off?
                    It appears to be the case. I fired it up again tonight. I think I got carried away with the oil. Is there a way for us to upload video, or do we have to host it elsewhere and provide a link?

Comment

I fired it up and got it hot 400 a 450 and burned off the rest of the oil. I then cooked up a little bit of picanha. Turned out well!
                      Attached Files

Comment

That looks spectacular, well done and congrats on breaking it in!

Did you use the firebox or direct chamber?

Comment

FWIW, if you want to upload videos, you need to use a third party site like YouTube and link.

Comment

• MrSkimo
                            MrSkimo commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thank you!

Originally posted by das85 View Post
                          That looks spectacular, well done and congrats on breaking it in!

Did you use the firebox or direct chamber?
                          Thank you! I used the direct chamber for this. My wife was blown away and asked what new method or seasoning I used. Exactly the same - just this time it was flame roasted over alder. It really added a dimension of flavor

Comment

• das85
                            das85 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Fantastic start...look forward to hearing when you try the firebox.

Was looking at the Braten and was wondering if you have any more feedback for low and slow smoking...fire starting, temp maintenance, etc - THANKS!

Comment

• RonB
                            RonB commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Welcome to the posting side of The Pit.

Great post

NICE RIG!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here