Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Braten 1000 finally arrives!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Braten 1000 finally arrives!

Well COVID has been tough on production and delivery. I ordered my new grill in March, expecting it in time for a Independence Day party. A little delayed, but it gave me time to source wood and get prepared. Although it arrived in the middle of three days in a row of over a foot of snow. No matter - I’ll get it fired up this weekend!

it arrived the same day as a meat shipment from SNF!
    Attached Files

Cool! Looks great! Is it a parrilla with a lid on it, or an offset? Not familiar with that brand or model. Looks very well built!

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      The Engelbrecht Braten 1000 is a hybrid …. Santa Maria grill with a hood and an offset. It’s on my wishlist.

• MrSkimo
      MrSkimo commented
      Editing a comment
      Henrik - it’s made by Englebrecht. https://grillsandcookers.com/products/braten-1000

It is an offset in addition to Santa Maria style grill. I may try a grill over the open fire box to see if I can use it to sear rather than build another fire when doing a reverse sear.

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, just watched the video. Looks great! Love the powder coat!

Nice! Looking great, although….that snow 😳

which, for Alaska I’m guessing is nothing. But enjoy that first cook!

Comment

Awesome … and wow, how long it took

Comment

Beautiful! Love that it arrives assembled!

Comment

Originally posted by ecowper View Post
          Awesome … and wow, how long it took

I know…. 10 weeks turned into 8 months. Although I’m still waiting for a dishwasher I ordered back in August. Estimate is April!

Comment

Originally posted by CandySueQ View Post
            Beautiful! Love that it arrives assembled!
            Thanks - yah that surprised me. Even the casters were on it. I had movers show up right after the pallet was dropped in my driveway. We were able to get it unwrapped and up the stairs in about 10 minutes. I only had to put on one exterior handle and the wheel. Very handy

Comment

Congratulations! I'm looking forward to seeing your cook posts!

Comment

Yes!!!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing some cooks!

Great looking snow too. I hope we get some to stick in MN pretty soon! It had already snowed in Anchorage when I was up there in late September, it looks like y'all got quite a bit more.

Comment

• MrSkimo
                  MrSkimo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yah, that early snow was a clue as to how this winter would end up. It all melted in September, then didn't snow again til mid November. It was -12 over the weekend. Now warmed up to a balmy 25. It really stretches out the cook times... :-)

Congrats man. I love those cookers.
                You are gonna have some amazing cooks with that puppy.

Comment

Sweetness, the cooker, not the white stuff.

Comment

Primo! What ya fixin fer a first cook?

Comment

• MrSkimo
                      MrSkimo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I believe I am going to go south of the border with SNF Gold level Picanha steaks. I ordered up a batch just to try with this. Will of course outfit it with the Argentine v grill option. :-)

• FireMan
                      FireMan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Last time I looked, almost everything is south of you, cept Fairbanks or Barrow.

Congratulations. Nice purchase.

Comment

All riiiight!!!! Let the games begin! 💪💪💪

Comment

Fantastic! That cooker was on my short list when I was considering an offset purchase. Looking forward to your cooks, and maybe a bit of that snow down here!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here