Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I joined the Santa Maria club albeit as a junior member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now you went an done it. I'm doomed.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Accept your fate!

Yeah! These are really cool. Great addition.

Comment

I wish I could find an old school Performer. I bought mine in 2011 and they had already moved on to the plastic ones.

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Keep your eye out on Craigslist I got lucky and you could too.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Attjack is absotively, posilutely keerect in this; I got my onliest performer offa CL fer $50 USD, complete with cover. Seems th dude got him a pellet pooper, an didn't think he'd ever wanna mess with charcoal again.

Reckon, he's on CL everyday, nowadays, lookin fer a Weber kettle, on th cheap, like...

So my Performer has no ash sweeper. Should I be able to order a standard replacement part and install it on this old grill?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resizer_16072830607891.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	951629

Name:	Resizer_16072830607890.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	951628

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, afaik there’s only one set of sweepers fer 22.5” models...

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Mr. Bones I was pretty sure that was the case but decided to pose the question just in case. I already have it on order.

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        FYI: If you ever have to replace the ash sweepers on a Performer this old you will not need (or be able to use) the bottom round piece because there is a simple bracket in the stack that holds the ash catcher.

Damn, I was just talking about getting a Santa Maria grill .... now, I could get a Performer, an SnS, and a Santa Maria attachment for the price of a nice Santa Maria grill ..... hmmmmmmm, thanks for setting off the MCS

Comment

Also, when you do that Tri-Tip .... don’t forget dem beans!

Comment

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          Had dem beans this morning!

Cooking over natural wood is truly something better. There is no substitute. Congrats on the upgrade.

Comment

Amazing cook, and interesting direction your MCS has taken you! The Santa Maria style cooking looks intriguing, and I may have to ponder one of these for my Performer. Right now I've got to master the new grill that is arriving tomorrow...

Comment

Brilliant. There’s no better way to cook tri-tip and steaks than on a Santa Maria style grill!

Comment

Looking for exact same thing now

Comment

Dude, you are a deal-hound

Comment

• Attjack
                  Attjack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Deal-Amstaff.

• smokenoob
                  smokenoob commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I stand corrected! !

You can run, you can hide, but MCS will find you.

Name:	147428027_2814048348923208_6801799606042476497_n.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	987133

Name:	OvAlj99.png
Views:	190
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	987134

Comment

They have one in sizes 14" - 26"

Name:	146642569_3920917597947206_5556548286953562702_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=2&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=RV1sY8HholYAX-gcawJ&_nc_ht=scontent.fhio2-1.fna&oh=6e3117a48a555b53d5a8035418ca7ae1&oe=604864E0.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	987138

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here