Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I joined the Santa Maria club albeit as a junior member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, afaik there’s only one set of sweepers fer 22.5” models...

• Attjack
    replied
    So my Performer has no ash sweeper. Should I be able to order a standard replacement part and install it on this old grill?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resizer_16072830607891.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	951629

Name:	Resizer_16072830607890.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	951628

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Yer shoulders look kinda tense, in th first pic; hopefully, it smoothed out fer ya lol
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; December 5, 2020, 03:40 PM. Reason: "t"

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Attjack is absotively, posilutely keerect in this; I got my onliest performer offa CL fer $50 USD, complete with cover. Seems th dude got him a pellet pooper, an didn't think he'd ever wanna mess with charcoal again.

Reckon, he's on CL everyday, nowadays, lookin fer a Weber kettle, on th cheap, like...

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    Keep your eye out on Craigslist I got lucky and you could too.

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    Accept your fate!

• Andrrr
    commented on 's reply
    I never had the gas assist until I got my WSCG and I really didn't think I'd use it very much. And how wrong I was. I don't want to use anything else to start a fire now

• Bkhuna
    replied
    I wish I could find an old school Performer. I bought mine in 2011 and they had already moved on to the plastic ones.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Yeah! These are really cool. Great addition.

Leave a comment:

• Steve B
    replied
    Now you went an done it. I'm doomed.

Leave a comment:

• barelfly
    replied
    Great write-up - really enjoying the posts as you start to use this and show the various attributes. Is helpful for those looking at these types of add-ons. Seems like your model has some positives compared to the others that make it a bit easier to clean and provide some adjustability in height.

And nice initial cook! A tri-tip is just perfect for that first cook!

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    replied
    First off, this is terrible lighting. But my first cook was a lot of fun. I started a chimney of lump with the gas assist and realized this will always be how I'll start a chimney now regardless of what grill I'm using. What a convenient feature. Then I used some cherry spits to build up the coals base.

Name:	Resizer_16071825396853.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	950826

I tossed some potatoes wrapped in foil into the coals. Then I seared the tri-tip and adjusted the height. As the cook progressed I added splits to the sides of the fie bowl. It was cold out and I went through more wood than I might have thought. When the tri-tip was nearly done I added some asparagus and tossed some garlic bread on.

Name:	Resizer_16071825396852.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	950828

Name:	Resizer_16071825396851.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	950827

I had fires on both sides of the yard and dinner was delicious. The Santa Maria is a lot of fun and I learned some things about the process. The attachment itself performed flawlessly and I actually liked the grate more than expected. I can't wait for the next cook.

Name:	Resizer_16071825396854.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	950825

Name:	Resizer_16071825396850.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	950824

Leave a comment:

• tbob4
    commented on 's reply
    Attjack - Man I am envious. I cut down a cherry tree a few years ago. I have my itty-bitty stack left for smoking only. I burned a lot of the splits originally in whatever manner I saw fit. I'm looking forward to your photos.

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    I just picked up a hydraulic splitter and split a bunch of cherry wood for my inaugural cook which is scheduled for today.

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the lesson. I just passed another one on in November! Going to show him how to cook low n slow on it soon.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here