Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picked up my custom made Parrilla Grill today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up my custom made Parrilla Grill today!

Picked up my custom made, fully welded Parrilla Grill today! This thing is a BEAST. I sincerely thank Zeb at Southern Raines Customs for this beautiful tank of a grill. He even made a coal shovel so I can manage the heat. Parrilla is an argentinian type of live fire cooking. You start with small splits of wood in the cradle on the left. As they burn and the hot coals drop on the firebrick lined floor, you shovel them to the right, under the cooking grate. Heat is managed by placement of the coals, enabling you to have hot zones and warm zones.
    I'm really looking forward to many years of service with this. As Zeb said, it will likely outlast both our lifetimes!
    Special thanks to Henrik for the YouTube video and specifications he provided to help us make this happen.
    Southern Raines Customs FB page is here
    Southern Raines Customs, Winston-Salem, North Carolina. 2,277 likes · 28 talking about this · 148 were here. With 20 years of experience, we create custom metal designs for our clients and take on...

They are located in Winston Salem, NC.
    This is the first grill they have ever fabricated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0620201633_HDR.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	866110Click image for larger version

Name:	0620201632_HDR.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	866111Click image for larger version

Name:	0620201634_HDR.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	175.5 KB
ID:	866112Click image for larger version

Name:	0620201633b_HDR.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	228.3 KB
ID:	866113Click image for larger version

Name:	0620201633a_HDR.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	866114Click image for larger version

Name:	0620201635_HDR.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	866115Click image for larger version

Name:	0620201635.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	866116Click image for larger version

Name:	0620201638_HDR.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	866117Click image for larger version

Name:	0620201634a_HDR.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	866118

Woohoo. Enjoy!!!
    That looks like a pretty nice cooker.
    Keep us posted and share your fixing with us.
    Cheers,

Comment

• Hulagn1971
      Hulagn1971 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! I will do that!

That looks sturdy enough. Enjoy!

Comment

• Hulagn1971
      Hulagn1971 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks man! Weight is over 300lbs. My SIL and I had to remove the fire bricks on the bottom just so we could get it in my truck. Was a fun puzzle to put back together when we got it home 😆

Shazam! I like this and I'll like it better when you post food cooking on it.

Comment

• Hulagn1971
      Hulagn1971 commented
      Editing a comment
      Tomorrow can't come soon enough!

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      Tomorrow is here!

Spark that Bad Larry up !!!!

Comment

Nice. congrats. Looking forward to seeing it in action. We'll all be over at what time?

Comment

• Hulagn1971
        Hulagn1971 commented
        Editing a comment
        Chicken thighs and corn this evening!

Nice, I now have massive grill envy. I think but not positive the cradle is called a brasero. Looking forward to seeing. you cook on the new grill. Congrats.

Comment

• Ahumadora
        Ahumadora commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, brasero is the correct word in Spanish or Fogonero, depending on where you are from. You also just coined a new phrase. "MGE". Massive grill envy.

• tiewunon
        tiewunon commented
        Editing a comment
        The envy is mine. My wife is Colombian and she clued me into "brasero".

That looks great.

Comment

The pits newest grill. Everyone has NGE now . "New Grill Envy". Great looking parrilla. Now get cookin!!

Comment

• Hulagn1971
        Hulagn1971 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the positive words! Will be chicken thighs and cork tonight.

Even the finish on the wood shelf is top notch.
      it appears to be Japanese Shou Sugi Ban. An interesting and OLD technique for preserving wood.

Comment

• Hulagn1971
        Hulagn1971 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you! He burned it then applied a couple coats of stain. I'm going to apply some Helmsman oil based satin varnish for extra protection. Also picking up the board he has for the back. The one he was going to use warped. He said it didn't get enough time in the kiln.
        I looked up the method you mentioned and that is exactly what he used.

But its so new, so shiny and clean, be a shame to light a fire and get it all dirty.
      Nice looking rig, look forward to your cooks.
      +2 on the wood shelf, love seeing wood grain like that.

Comment

• Hulagn1971
        Hulagn1971 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks!

Wow!

Thats awesome

Comment

• Hulagn1971
        Hulagn1971 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you!

Dude. That thing is wicked awesome!! 👊👊

Comment

• Hulagn1971
        Hulagn1971 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you!

Some absolutely cool cookers showing up these day! Congrats!!

Comment

• Hulagn1971
        Hulagn1971 commented
        Editing a comment
        I appreciate it, thanks!

Oh my gosh Fritz, that is a work of art!! Congratulations to you AND your fabricator!

Comment

• Hulagn1971
        Hulagn1971 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you sir! He was really excited about the outcome. He said he never built anything like it. I see him getting his share of orders in the future. Very reasonably priced. Sold my BGE XL for $700 and didn't have to add much more to that to get the project funded.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here