Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice for Argentinian or Santa Maria style grill top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice for Argentinian or Santa Maria style grill top

Hola, mis amigos. Our son-in-law from Patagonia has limited funds. He wants an Argentinian or Santa Maria style grill, but wants to build a concrete block base, firebricks on top of that in order to save money. And Ahumadora, we aren't welders! Lo siento. So, he needs to buy the top part. When I look at Sunterra, they include the whole firebox. He wants just the top, from the grill up. Anybody have advice, links, suggestions?
    Muchas gracias,

Daniel
    ps: This is cooking right now on what my SIL can't afford. Nuestra yerno y cordero. Rolled boneless lamb shoulder, with salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary. FOGO charcoal surrounded by oak and alder.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2188.jpeg
Views:	680
Size:	202.6 KB
ID:	824670Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2189.jpeg
Views:	638
Size:	199.3 KB
ID:	824671Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2190.jpeg
Views:	710
Size:	234.4 KB
ID:	824672
    Last edited by Dr. Pepper; April 2, 2020, 05:24 PM. Reason: Photos didn't load first time. And, the lamb was delicious!

Check out Gabby's Grills, maybe they have something you can adapt.

Comment

• treesmacker
      treesmacker commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting!

Several sites online use the braten campfire and build a base. https://grillsandcookers.com/collect...raten-campfire

Comment

you can also find them on etsy

Comment

You can build a base with short walls where the parrilla sits with expanded metal for the parrilla. Cut short bars of 3/4" round bar or concrete reinforcing rod for the fire to sit on. No welding required. As I have said before you don't need all that crap to raise and lower the parrilla. Here's some ideas https://images.app.goo.gl/P8eq2HiQb6QnEy8X9

Attached Files
        Last edited by Ahumadora; April 2, 2020, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Pictures aren't showing, Daniel, Dr. Pepper .

Kathryn

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
            Dr. Pepper commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, I'll repost the photos.

The Original & Authentic Santa Maria style oak pit adjustable bbq. Backyard, tailgater, or professional tow behind. Online or see us in Costco. Accessories too!

Call them (if they are open right now) and describe the dimensions.

Comment

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
              Dr. Pepper commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, Max. Aún demasiado caro para nuestro yerno.

Thanks, all. I reposted the photos above. I suppose I should post them in SUWYC

Comment

I see I'm a little late to the party with this but I did get the Gabby's grill attachment with the upgraded grate for my 22" Weber kettle and I haven't looked back. Thing is fantastic. Worth the money and solidly built.
              Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here