Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LSG Santa Maria arrived today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LSG Santa Maria arrived today

It seemed like a long wait but my 36” Santa Maria grill was delivered today and I am very happy with it. The accessories I added to the base model were a 24” stainless shelf, a front drop down door to give me better access to the fire, the brasero, a custom cover and the Argentine style grates with a drip pan. Shipping weight was 658 pounds and it was solidly crated so there was no damage even after passing through 4 separate trucking companies. Because of the weight I had two young guys standing by with plywood, a pallet jack and strong muscles, but the delivery guy went out of his way to drop it on a concrete sidewalk on the side of the house. He was tipped really well since otherwise we would have had to drag it down a gravel driveway. Right now we have a low fire burning in it, per instructions, to help cure the paint and do a first seasoning.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	44EAF1A7-0B08-4A5D-BBF1-5E1A07CCA348.jpeg
Views:	1015
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	754570Click image for larger version

Name:	98CF9FC0-D0D5-4E5F-AA7B-DF091A04108C.jpeg
Views:	1003
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	754571Click image for larger version

Name:	6693962F-69D6-476E-835B-C8199196058F.jpeg
Views:	1290
Size:	256.3 KB
ID:	754567Click image for larger version

Name:	A48237DA-9A0F-4403-88C5-5CBB53F92A19.jpeg
Views:	982
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	754568Click image for larger version

Name:	64EB6D57-3922-4ACB-BFEE-487081D88E59.jpeg
Views:	949
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	754573Click image for larger version

Name:	436629DA-2C38-41DC-B326-F7D32B95862B.jpeg
Views:	956
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	754572Click image for larger version

Name:	F6F84B80-B376-4C2C-AB5D-F9D3CADA0F8C.jpeg
Views:	956
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	754574Click image for larger version

Name:	6D7DE930-FAEF-4E09-9283-D9AB718ADA6A.jpeg
Views:	1353
Size:	225.0 KB
ID:	754575

Attached Files

Way nice!

Comment

That's going to bring a lot if goodness to the table. Congrats and look forward to many happy cooks.

Comment

That is a fantastic unit. Who made it? I really like the fact that they raised the charcoal grates - it really keeps the fire nice and hot. The Argentine grills on top are fantastic as well. I love the side brasero.

Comment

• Donw
          Donw commented
          Editing a comment
          Lone Star Grillz built it.

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. I didn't see the LSG in the title - duh. Man, I'm a little slow on the uptake.

SWEEEET! You are going to have fun and eat good on that. Congrats

Comment

Congrats. That is one beautiful looking rig. They really go overboard with their packing. You could have built a small shed out of all the 2x4's and plywood my 24x36 offset came with.
          Good luck with it. And looking forward to some cook pics.

Comment

Nice addition.

Comment

Very nice. I'm eager to see your results with it. It's a beautiful cooker indeed.

Kathryn

Comment

There’s 10 lbs of picanha somewhere waiting to sacrifice itself ! And you have the grill !!!
                Enjoy

Comment

Congrats. That one has my mouth drooling...

Comment

Beautiful piece of equipment you made some very nice mods. Can't wait to see your first cook.

Comment

How long total did your wait end up being? My offset is "complete awaiting packaging for shipping"

Comment

• Donw
                        Donw commented
                        Editing a comment
                        About 10 weeks to my door.

• JakeT
                        JakeT commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That’s good, mine is due to arrive a week from tomorrow so it’ll be just over 16 weeks, it’s been a tough wait!!

Magnifico! Especially the wood on fire! Happy fer ya man.

Comment

Very nice, and quite astute spending your barbershop funds on a grill! ;-)

Did you ever get a hookaroon?

Comment

• Donw
                          Donw commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes I did get a hookaroon and it is as useful as you said. 😀

Daaaaaaayyyang!!!!! Nice pick up, my friend.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here