Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New grill on order.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New grill on order.

Been researching Santa Maria style grills for what seems forever and finally decided now was the time. Ordered a 36” Santa Maria style grill from Lone Star Grillz today. Added the brasero, front access door, and a few other options. Really looking forward to it, and yes, I blamed you all for making me do it.🙂 Kathy said she knew it was coming because of all the photos I kept showing her from Pit and the members.

Have fun! Different styles of cookers always stokes MCS.

Comment

Great. Looking forward to see what you get and the cooks on it.

Comment

Hip hip hooray.

Comment

Oh hell yeah!!!! Your gonna love that grill. Everything Chris puts out @ LSG is absolutely top notch.
          Looking forward to pics when you get it..

Comment

We're guilty as charged - Good for you! There's nothing like live fire grilling.

Comment

Good luck with it!

Comment

Well since we are to blame I think we should be invited for the first tri-tip! ;-)

I'll catch up with one of these days (no pun intended). My problem is I keep seeing different ones to complicate my decision. Most recent the Hamrforge 'El Padre'.

Comment

• Donw
                  Donw commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I know! What a beautiful thing to have an El Padre in the backyard. However by the time I ordered it and it got here I would probably be paying a 100% tariff. I am going to Toronto in few weeks but I don’t think the airlines would allow it as checked baggage on the return trip.

• smokin fool
                  smokin fool commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Donw To my knowledge most airlines do allow 66lbs of checked baggage though so you could go that route. There is a penalty if you go over but if its only a few pounds may be worth it.
                  If you are staying in downtown Toronto check out Cherry Street BBQ in the Portlands. The wife and I went tried it last month, well worth the drive.
                  A trip to Steamwhistle Brewing in the Distillery district would be another neat outing.

Can't wait to see it in action!

Comment

Congratulations. Enjoy and let's see some pics of your first cook

Comment

Welcome to the club Don!!! You're going to really enjoy cooking with it, I still look for every opportunity to use mine.

Comment

• Donw
                      Donw commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Mike! Whose photos do you suppose I kept showing Kathy.😀

• CaptainMike
                      CaptainMike commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Happy to have been of service my friend!

Dude, excellent choice!! I’ve seen them and yes left my drool all over them. They have some new accessories, which ones did you buy?? You’re going going to be super happy Donw with that SM

Comment

• Donw
                      Donw commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Just the tools, the tool hanger option on the rear and the side table. The main options like the brasero and access door were the major options I mentioned. I’m debating whether to get their cover or make a custom one.

• Troutman
                      Troutman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      👍👍👍

That should tame you MCS for a day or two...

Comment

So I know we both are in Maryland. I think I can sniff out your address by the great smells coming from that new grill!

Comment

Looks very cool my brother was telling me about a similar grill

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here