Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ISO advice, recommendations re: Argentinian style grills with or without brasero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the Grillworks and can’t say enough good things about it. Complete control of temperature and perfect results every time. Love the brasero for keeping the fire fed.
    Attached Files

Comment

Scoopf16 is the aluminum wrapped brick for heat retention/wind break?
      Thanks, Daniel

Comment

• Scoopf16
        Scoopf16 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Daniel, sorry for the delay. It's for standing a large piece of meat vertically to grill the edges.

• Dr. Pepper
        Dr. Pepper commented
        Editing a comment
        Ahah! Thanks

Good golly.

I fell into this rabbit hole of a thread at 1:30 this morning before work. Hey Ahumadora is that a picture of home Parrilla in your bedroom? Is the welder under your bed? Ha!!

Comment

My wife bitches about grinding dust in the bed.
        Last edited by Ahumadora; November 6, 2019, 01:39 PM.

Comment

I pulled the trigger and ordered the Grillworks last spring. Below are photos from my first cook (notice the clean, shiny, virgin stainless!) No brasero. Started with asparagus and Costco lamb rib racks, sliced into individual riblets, with salt, pepper, and crushed garlic. Very quick cook, 2 minutes per side. The flavored surface to volume ratio is great. All flavor.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6096.jpeg Views:	19 Size:	506.1 KB ID:	765805Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6100.jpeg Views:	19 Size:	490.9 KB ID:	765804Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6119.jpeg Views:	19 Size:	533.2 KB ID:	765807Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6122.jpeg Views:	18 Size:	515.5 KB ID:	765806
          Last edited by Dr. Pepper; November 7, 2019, 06:54 PM.

Comment

I can't seem to get anyone from Grillworks on the phone - Nor do they return email. I assume that they are closed due to COVID-19. Can someone shed any light?

Thanks in advance

Comment

• JakeT
              JakeT commented
              Editing a comment
              I had tried getting in touch with them a while ago as well. Gave it up as a bad job and saved a boat load of money going with the Sunterra. I love it

Thanks - I think I will do that - good luck with your outdoor kitchen

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here