Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kudu Grills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kudu Grills

Anyone have any experience with these grills/outdoor pits? Looks interesting and what I would consider a sort of Santa Maria style cooker.
    The brand new KUDU 3 has been upgraded and redesigned to offer an even better outdoor cooking experience! Check out the latest addition to our KUDU family!

I've been to that site before and not too long ago I'm thinking somebody here linked it. They look like a interesting open fire cooker but $500 might be a little steep.

Comment

You could be right but my thinking was to get into open fire cooking for a lot less than most other cookers like that. I would love to have an Engelbrecht Braten 1000 but at 2800.00 plus is just to steep for me. I thought maybe someone on here has tried one of the Kudu grills and could shed some light on the quality of it or whether it was worth the price or not. I could not find it on here but Steven Raichlen has an advertisement of it on his website if that is worth anything.

Comment

Firepits with cooking grates and rotisseries have been available for some time. There are many choices and many price ranges.

Comment

• vandy
          vandy commented
          Editing a comment
          I have seen some of those so called fire pit/grills and for the most part they are pretty flimsy and cheaply built. Not what I was looking for.

This is a very common type of live fire cooker "braai" in SA and they range in price from R500 up to R1200 and at current exchange rate would make them pretty cheap. I think $500 that converted is R6000 is very expensive. I wonder where the KUDU Grill "Braai" is manufactured?
        Max Good

Comment

• Max Good
          Max Good commented
          Editing a comment
          I've read that Kudu is "made mostly" in Macon, Georgia. I don't have the details, but it's not uncommon for US companies to incorporate off shore sourced components such as grates, fasteners, handles, etc.

I'd love to hunt greater Kudu, if that was included.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here