Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engelbrecht Braten Gen IV 1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berner9
    replied
    There’s a Facebook group

Leave a comment:

• MrSkimo
    replied
    I just ordered a new Englebrecht Braten Gen IV 1000. 10 weeks for estimated production. Who knows, maybe I will have it by the 4th of July! Just curious if there is a Users forum for the Braten, here in the Pit - or anywhere else. There appears to be very little info provided from the manufacturer. I can't even find Part 2 of @ Max Good's video despite the link that pops up when watching Part 1.

My path to an Englebrecht was quite sudden. I went out to use my Weber 22" Performer (circa 1997) late last week, and came back to report to my wife that the one-touch cleaner on the bottom had finally broken. We had been talking for some time that it was getting tired and worn, and certainly outlived the expected lifetime when we bought it. I've bought new grates a few times - been through every contraption sold for it at some point. It worked/works fine - just didn't look very good, and little things were always failing. Kind of like a once nice used car that is going into the shop too often for repairs.

I was angling to replace it with a WSCG, but was lamenting that I hadn't bought the prior version and talking about the expense and changes in the current Kamado style. I have a GBG pellet pooper that this will augment. I really needed something to sear with as the pellet stove doesn't do that well, and I have been utilizing sous-vide a lot. I've taken to searing more and more inside on the cast iron rather than outside on the kettle. I remarked that the price on the WSCG Kamado w/ table really puts you into a whole new class and maybe I should consider the Hasty Bake. I pulled up the list of Platinum charcoal grills and handed it to her as I went outside to cook up asparagus lamb on the kettle.

I came back and asked if she had a chance to look at them.. She looked at me and said "yes, and I think you should get the Engelbrecht". She thought it would give me something new to master, yet allow me to use charcoal when needed and would fit right in with the other cooker. After a weekend of reading nearly everything I could find on this and every comparable charcoal cooker, researching hardwood supply (still tough in Alaska, but out there), I decided to take the advice shared by many and not waste my wife's encouraging word. I ordered it (cough cough - damn expensive) this morning.

Back to the User forum. I'm already wondering what mods would go well with it. Anyone attached an ATC device to it? Sealed up the fire door, modified baffles, added a brasero (or used the offset box), etc. Dozens of ideas and use questions.

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    Dude, your dog is looking a little sick.

• jmdemers
    replied
    Have you used the side fire Box? What are the results as a smoker?

Leave a comment:

• Splatt44
    commented on 's reply
    looks delicious. Nice fire, I dig your style.!!!

• jt0940
    replied
    Spatchcocked a whole organic chicken tonight. Dry brined it for 4 hours, then hit it with the Simon and Garfunkel rub. Cooked it for about an hour and 15 minutes over cherry wood. It was delicious.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Splatt44
    replied
    That’s an expensive lighter. I’ll trade Hume for this nice bic I have. Only been used a few times.

Leave a comment:

• SierraBBQGuy
    replied
    It was the Rockin Pastrami Ruben Sandwichs, I think I’ve seen others where he uses it as a lighter!

Leave a comment:

• JCBBQ
    commented on 's reply
    He uses it in one video. I don’t remember which - maybe the salmon one?

• jt0940
    commented on 's reply
    Funny you mention that. I noticed it about 2 days before my grill arrived! I wondered what he was doing only lighting a chimney of charcoal on it!

• SierraBBQGuy
    replied
    So I just watched one of Meathead’s videos, and saw a Braten 1000 grill in the yard, is he holding out on us? He only used it to light a chimney of charcoal though, looks like it’s never been cooked on.
    Whats up with that?

Leave a comment:

• JCBBQ
    commented on 's reply
    That cheese! Fantastic cook. Great to see this rig used as a smoker.

• Mark E.
    replied
    Super nice from a Kamado Guy. It is always so great to have a manufacturer take pride in their work all the way through to shipping and delivery.

Beatiful cooks.

M.
    Last edited by Mark E.; March 29, 2018, 07:40 AM. Reason: add

Leave a comment:

• Splatt44
    replied
    Last night if only tried the offset box. Had to smoke some cheese. Picked a few of my favorites that we are serving at our anual meat eaters dinner on April. Cher’s takes a few weeks to set up so I like to get done early. I found the Braten relatively predictable to control. Kept the temp at 75-85 for about three hrs. Only used apple wood. Here are some pics. Sorry forgot the after pics. Cheeses picked up good color. Now they are sealed to let the oils do there thing and bring the smoke inside.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jt0940
    commented on 's reply
    Nice! Well, it’s good to know that the price and the quality at least align.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here