Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engelbrecht Braten Gen IV 1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have this same grill. Not sure if you can get tri tip out there, but this is my go to grill for that. Grill over wood.

Comment

• Mudkat
      Mudkat commented
      Editing a comment
      Where do you get Tri tip? Hemps in Jefferson or somewhere else?

• SierraBBQGuy
      SierraBBQGuy commented
      Editing a comment
      Happy to help, I’ve had mine for 5 years of so. You are right, they aren’t much help with using it. I did get mainly because it can withstand the heat from burning wood, not just charcoal. Lots of trial and error.
      Send PM....

• Splatt44
      Splatt44 commented
      Editing a comment
      He did give on one great idea for the smoker box. Fire it up, put a pan or pot on it and use it as a side burner. Ya, brake out the cast iron. Bacon anyone!!

Congrats on that great cooker, an' Happy Belated Birthday!!!!

Comment

• Splatt44
      Splatt44 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!!

• Butchman
      Butchman commented
      Editing a comment
      Ditto, Happy Birthday!

Wow that is spectacular and I am in love. I just spent an hour on their site because of this post. I may need to make some room out back!

Comment

• SierraBBQGuy
      SierraBBQGuy commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s built like a tank. It cost almost as much...lol

• Splatt44
      Splatt44 commented
      Editing a comment
      funny, Since ordering I think I have warn out the site studying it.

Heavy Metal! Have fun.

Comment

So cool!!!!!

Comment

• Splatt44
        Splatt44 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks

SierraBBQGuy you and Splatt44 have got to start a thread on these cookers. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to see lots of pics of these bad boys in action. Maybe you've got some pics already...nudge nudge wink wink.

Comment

• SierraBBQGuy
        SierraBBQGuy commented
        Editing a comment
        Funny, I’ve looked everywhere for some users, owners group, etc...Can’t find anything. I even suggested to the guy who makes these he should start one. Heck, he doesn’t even have any instructions.

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        SierraBBQGuy, That's too bad. Well you're in the right place. Just start enthusiastically posting pics and write ups on your cooks and you're sure to grow in number. Heck, this thread on KBQs has spawned at least a dozen people to buy on.

• Splatt44
        Splatt44 commented
        Editing a comment
        Chris the guys who makes these does one thing really well. Makes a heck of a thing. SirraBBQGuy is right. You get an envelope with a letter welcoming you to the family, hoping you enjoy and a warrantee letter. For me that was another way of saying, This ain't a big box grill. SirraBBQGUY if you have some pics lets see them, I for one have no idea how to cook on this so give up some secrets.

Out with my old Propane Vermont Castings, R.I.P. and in with the new. It’s about to rain so all I could do was get it on the deck and get the cover on. I’ll get better pics during the day and with some fire and meat. Thanks for all the support from the forum. Glad to be a part of it.
      Attached Files

Comment

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Love it! What a beauty!

• Butchman
        Butchman commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh the fun you’ll have cooking on this beauty! Don’t worry about instructions it’s all about the experience and getting to know her.

What a beast! I like the wheel on the right that raises and lowers the grates. Awesome!

Comment

• Butchman
        Butchman commented
        Editing a comment
        Love the Santa Maria wheel and special grate. Those wooden handles Are beautiful and really complete the overall classy package.

As you all can see, in addition to a "Santa Maria Style Grill" it’s also an offset smoker. I’ve never used it for that, since I have a BGE, WSM and a pellet smoker. Since I signed up for this site a few days ago, I watched the Dr Blonder video on smoke, and understand now how an offset can be beneficial. Now I’m inspired to give this a try. I think I will do some reading up on how to use an offset, I’m sure there is some great info in these pages.

Comment

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool! I'm super curious to know how they work as an off set.

• SierraBBQGuy
        SierraBBQGuy commented
        Editing a comment
        Me Too👍

Beautiful!

Comment

Here’s an idea, do a slow and sear with tomahawk ribeyes on the Santa Maria grill raised high above the fire.
        When your steaks get to 120 or so then lower the grate down right over the fire and sear the heck out of them oh and take lots of pics for your fan club.

Comment

• Splatt44
          Splatt44 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm in. WIll do that this week.

First cook. 3 24oz rib steaks, 2 chickens, 4 potatoes, 1 onion and a bunch of asparagus.

Cook went well. Getting the grill up to a smoking hot 750 in 11 degree weather was not to hard. I don’t think my wood was seasoned enough though. Dropped the wrapped potatoes and a wrapped onion right in the fire. This grill performed as advertised. The steaks came off with a good crust at a nice med rare. My timing needs work as the chicken was 20 min behind. The cleanup was quick and easy. I can’t wait to really dig in and learn how to use this grill. If you are on the fence deciding what to get for a new grill look at Engelbrecht https://grillsandcookers.com/.
        Attached Files

Comment

Atta-Frickin-Boy!!! Man, you had a hell of an inaugural cook. Looks fantastic. I am loving all these pics. Can't wait to see more. What a cool cooker.

Comment

• Splatt44
            Splatt44 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks much appreciated!!! It was its awesome to cook on.

Nice cooker congrats! I sure would like to have one of those!

Comment

Appreciate it!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here