Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engelbrecht Braten Gen IV 1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once again the Engelbrecht did it. I dry aged a 22lb 6 bone prime rib for 35 days using the Umai system. https://umaidry.com/. I cooked using simple 50/50 salt pepper with a little red pepper flake for a kick. Rotisserie for about 40 minutes to put a little smoke on then cut that bad boy up and cook it like a proper steak. I only used about 4 bones for eight of us. Man what a meal. My wife made some cream spinach and mashed potatoes. I don’t think Peter Lugar‘s done it better. This grill just gets better and better and better. I think is the best steak I’ve ever made and I’m patting myself on the back but come on !!
    Attached Files

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s awesome! I just got done with a 44 day dry age as well. What were your thoughts on the flavor of the dry aging compared to regular? Love how you frenched the bones and cooked these!

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, that's what we're talking about!

• Mudkat
      Mudkat commented
      Editing a comment
      Just fantastic!

This was my first time and I thought tast was great. Tenderness was fantastic. Could not have been happier. Already have an new one gaoing
    in the fridge. What process/ equipment did you use?

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

• Splatt44
        Splatt44 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you!

You deserve an award for that cook!

Comment

• Splatt44
        Splatt44 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. Loved making it. Got the hole family at one table for a night.

Now that’s what I’m talking about! Well done sir! The Braten is a beautiful cooker.

Comment

• Splatt44
        Splatt44 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes sir. Could not agree more.

Nice! I love the rotisserie step. Great cook!

Comment

• Splatt44
        Splatt44 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was a little nervous about it but it worked out really well.

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Splatt44 find some Picanha and throw that on the rotisserie. Also, you can rotisserie a suckling pig. That's a great feature, and genius that you used it to heat the meat before searing.

Picahna looks like a great cut. I’ve never made it before. If you have a good recipe or ideas please msg me. Love to give it a go. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

Just cut the steaks about 3 fingers wide. Cover them with large salt crystals and other spices if you wish then let the rotisserie do it's magic. The beauty is that they cook slowly and the fire melts that fat cap and constantly bathes the meat in fat juices. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Should look something like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	picanha on the rotisserie.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	463197

Comment

• Splatt44
          Splatt44 commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh 😮

I'm sorry, but I have to stop viewing this thread. Every time I see this grill I want it.....

Comment

Does Englebrecht have a cast iron "plancha" that you can swap out the grill grate for? That’d be sweet!

Comment

• Splatt44
            Splatt44 commented
            Editing a comment
            They will make you anything. The grates are able to be swapped out. if you look at the pics with the rotisserie the grates are out.

Gentlemen, I just ordered my Braten 1000 last night. I absolutely cannot wait for it to arrive. This thread has given me even more joy. Thrilled to join the club!! Didn't order the rotisserie....yet. May have to wait until next year, while my bank account goes through a rebuilding phase.

Comment

• SierraBBQGuy
            SierraBBQGuy commented
            Editing a comment
            congrats, you will love it!

• JCBBQ
            JCBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Fantastic!!! I'm so jealous!

• Splatt44
            Splatt44 commented
            Editing a comment
            Welcome to the club!!!! Its fantastic!👍👍👍

That is a Beauty !

Comment

Question, as I'm looking through all these fantastic pictures: Have you had any difficulty starting or maintaining a fire in the main fire box? I'm just wondering how it circulates air? I don't see any vents on the right side of the chamber.

Comment

I have not had any problem keeping a fire going. There is a learning curve to cooking on the grill, spreading out the wood or embers. This is not a set it and forget it grill. Most of the time the top is open or at least resting on the raised grates so there is plenty of air. Does this answer your question?

Comment

• jt0940
                jt0940 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes sir. I've been wood grilling for many years, but always on rigs that were not designed for it. I had to keep buying replacement parts (or new grills) every couple years. I used a Hasty Bake for the last two years, and it's a great grill, and vented well. I wanted to stop before I ruined it. Was just curious on the air ventilation of the Braten.

Expanding my horizons, hole Branzino with a salt coating stuffed with Lemongrass and Lime leaves. Grilled low and slow 20 min per side. With the smoke from the oak and the zesty flavor. Killer combo.
              Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here