Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engelbrecht Braten Gen IV 1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCBBQ
    replied
    Just cut the steaks about 3 fingers wide. Cover them with large salt crystals and other spices if you wish then let the rotisserie do it's magic. The beauty is that they cook slowly and the fire melts that fat cap and constantly bathes the meat in fat juices. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Should look something like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	picanha on the rotisserie.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	463197

Leave a comment:

• Splatt44
    replied
    Picahna looks like a great cut. I’ve never made it before. If you have a good recipe or ideas please msg me. Love to give it a go. Thanks for the idea.

Leave a comment:

• JCBBQ
    commented on 's reply
    Splatt44 find some Picanha and throw that on the rotisserie. Also, you can rotisserie a suckling pig. That's a great feature, and genius that you used it to heat the meat before searing.

• Splatt44
    commented on 's reply
    I was a little nervous about it but it worked out really well.

• Splatt44
    commented on 's reply
    Yes sir. Could not agree more.

• Splatt44
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks. Loved making it. Got the hole family at one table for a night.

• Splatt44
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you!

• JCBBQ
    replied
    Nice! I love the rotisserie step. Great cook!

Leave a comment:

• Butchman
    replied
    Now that’s what I’m talking about! Well done sir! The Braten is a beautiful cooker.

Leave a comment:

• 6th Borough BBQ
    replied
    You deserve an award for that cook!

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    replied
    Looks great!

Leave a comment:

• Splatt44
    replied
    This was my first time and I thought tast was great. Tenderness was fantastic. Could not have been happier. Already have an new one gaoing
    in the fridge. What process/ equipment did you use?

Leave a comment:

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    That’s awesome! I just got done with a 44 day dry age as well. What were your thoughts on the flavor of the dry aging compared to regular? Love how you frenched the bones and cooked these!

• Splatt44
    replied
    Once again the Engelbrecht did it. I dry aged a 22lb 6 bone prime rib for 35 days using the Umai system. https://umaidry.com/. I cooked using simple 50/50 salt pepper with a little red pepper flake for a kick. Rotisserie for about 40 minutes to put a little smoke on then cut that bad boy up and cook it like a proper steak. I only used about 4 bones for eight of us. Man what a meal. My wife made some cream spinach and mashed potatoes. I don’t think Peter Lugar‘s done it better. This grill just gets better and better and better. I think is the best steak I’ve ever made and I’m patting myself on the back but come on !!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Splatt44
    commented on 's reply
    Not yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here