Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kicking off a Brisket on my Englebrecht Braten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kicking off a Brisket on my Englebrecht Braten

Finally kicking off a long brisket smoke on my relatively new Braten. I've made my evolution thru various smokers, including an electric and most recently a BGE. Still love the BGE and will use it often, but I had the need to burn wood on a more consistent basis. I've used the Braten a ton for various grilling cooks and one st. louis ribs session. So far so good. Most of my time is spent on fire management and understanding all the different temps throughout the grate.

​So here I am at 6:00 in the morning tending and having a blast with the new smoker. Nothing like getting up at 3:30am to prepare for a long day ahead.

Yeah, I'm a bit obsessive about temperatures until I get a handle on the surface.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20160529_041959.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	173286
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20160529_041025.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	173288
    Attached Files

You got a good one with Engelbrecht! Please share your experience at our review page: http://amazingribs.com/bbq_equipment...eries-original

Comment

That thing sure has some nice striations on the flat.

Comment

Paul Morrison, I envy You your New Smoker! 👍👍👍👍👍
        Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Hi Paul,
          I have about a year under my belt with my Bratten 1000 and absolutely love it. Definitely needed to get the hang of managing the fire in a wet climate (Portland, OR) but I love that I’m cooking with wood over pellets. Had a Treager and was happy with it but I like this much better. Have done lots of brisket, shoulder and ribs with excellent results. The Englebrecht cost more than I wanted to spend to purchase, and get it here, but I’m glad I spent the $.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Welcome!

What an awesome machine! Pics, pics and more pics!!

Comment

You have no idea how much I want a Braten .... keep cooking and showing us the cooks so that I can live vicariously through you!

Comment

That is an amazing cooker and a great looking brisket! More action shots, if you please!

Comment

Englebrechts are on my wishlist as well. Congrats! How has it held up & treated you this summer/fall so far?

Comment

Sweeeet!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here