Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Titan Open Fire Grate / Griddle Combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Titan Open Fire Grate / Griddle Combo

This equipment looks cool to me and is a reasonable price - it's at TitanGreatOutdoors dot com. I can think of a couple ways to deploy this, including sinking it down into a square firepit. $ 225.00! It would be fun to customize.

I have a Titan Kamado, and although very simple it's built like a tank.

I have the Titan Santa Maria kettle attachment and think it was a steal at $99. That product would be great to design a great built-in around.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      JGo37 my brother is in the same boat. He’s trying to buy one but they say you can pre purchase one on back order. What’s that supposed to mean? 🤷🏼

Attjack Do you keep yours outside? I would not do that. I only bring it out to cook on and than put it back in my shed.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Steve B I'm keeping it on the performer under a cover right now. I'll keep an eye on it through the fall and will take it in for the winter. I spray it lightly with oil occasionally.

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      Steve B I imagine prepaying will go further to assure you get one when they come back into stock, instead of vying for one with the folks that didn't prepay. I went with the notify me option.

I really like it! I would go old school with that. I would purchase bricks and build something up. There is a place in Norcal - Sac or Elk Grove, I believe, that sells that basic set-up for at least three times that price.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, definitely bricks.

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. They are most often marketed as inserts. That is a hell of a find. I went out to my BBQ area after seeing it and started looking around. I got in a little trouble with the wife.

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      tbob4 Isn’t that what we’re supposed to do? Keeps things interesting. Right?😬😁😂

I like the style and equipment, I think some sort of brick barrier between the wood fire and your lower body would be needed. Looks it could get hot on the legs.

Comment

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      My daughter is stationed in Hawaii - when she gets back CONUS next year it will be her last move, and I'll be moving near her - meaning I can't build one of these in my back yard yet (darnit)....

Titan just put up their carbon steel kettle / egg insert on a scratch and dent sale for 1/2 price - ~ $70.00 with taxes and free shipping. I just bought one - FOMO!! I can set this right on top of my Weber kettle gourmet grill system.

FYI it's exactly 22" in diameter with a 10" removable center grate.
    Last edited by JGo37; October 5, 2021, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here